NomadZeke

Resolutionary Painting Challenge 2016 Chatter/Questions

When I do a vignette or Diorama, does that count too?

Do I count the miniaures that are on it or the total size of the thing?

Cause...plans...

I did a diorama with 3 figures for my fall exchange, I counted each figure separately....

None was really 'big'...

Is it too late to make a challenge suggestion? Because I've frequently thought that a limited palette of 5-7 blindly selected paints might be fun. ::):

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

Morning Mrs. Boot! Who does the blind selecting?

And also what is the platypod talking about :unsure: mush-what? :unsure:

I mean literally close your eyes and grab several paints from your collection at random. Use only those paints to paint a figure. :)

Another idea for a different challenge: choose a color other than white, black or gray. Mix that color with every paint you use on a mini.

As for what pckt said...my best guess is Mashaaf, though why he said that is a bit puzzling. ^_^

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

He is either planning conversions, or it is his Battle Cry, or it is something incomprehensible in platypodese....

::o:

• Like 4

Cool thx.

As for the diorama. as Knarthex did, and Nomadzeke PMed me..figure count.

I have plans :blues:

• Like 3

Btw boot. I like the "one color must be mixed with all others" though I'd give a couple month lead in case people didn't have that one yet

• Like 4

BTW, if you wanted really random, I have a spreadsheet that can do that   ::):

For example:

Reaper MSP: Khaki Highlight, Reaper MSP: Weathered Stone, Reaper MSP: Polished Bone, Reaper MSP: Oiled Leather, Reaper MSP: Pure Black, Reaper MSP: Oiled Leather, Reaper MSP: Linen White

or
Reaper MSP: Pale Lichen, Reaper MSP: Brown Liner, Reaper MSP: Royal Purple, Reaper MSP Bones HD: Dragon Copper, Reaper MSP: Marigold Yellow, Reaper MSP: Volcano Brown, Reaper MSP: Blonde Shadow

::D:
  • Like 5

I LOVE the random color idea!!! I may choose a mini beforehand, so I get a good laugh out of it too.

If that doesn't get added as a bonus, I think I'll do it on my own time. Though truly random would be difficult for me, since I have my paints arranged in a nice chromatic order....

• Like 3

I LOVE the random color idea!!! I may choose a mini beforehand, so I get a good laugh out of it too.

If that doesn't get added as a bonus, I think I'll do it on my own time. Though truly random would be difficult for me, since I have my paints arranged in a nice chromatic order....

I just figured out a way to do the random colors thing but account for nobody having the same selections of paints.

Anyone that wants to participate takes a photo of twelve paint bottles, they pick which twelve from their collection. After all these photos are posted: Zeke rolls a D12.

Whatever color that is (going left to right in each person's photo) is the required dominant color for their mini.

Edited by TGP
  • Like 3

I just figured out a way to do the random colors thing but account for nobody having the same selections of paints.

Anyone that wants to participate takes a photo of twelve paint bottles, they pick which twelve from their collection. After all these photos are posted: Zeke rolls a D12.

Whatever color that is (going left to right in each person's photo) is the required dominant color for their mini.

Sounds like someone has a d12 looking for work...

8)

• Like 4

It would be mentioned a couple months in advance to give people time to acquire the color in question

And not use colors like Ginger Cookie or pumpkin orange that are limited time / edition...

Presuming everyone is going to use the same colors...

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 2

It would be mentioned a couple months in advance to give people time to acquire the color in question

With that idea I was pitching each person's color might be different. Each person's 12 would be different.

And yes, the D12 is an under-appreciated polyhedron.

• Like 2