Resolutionary Painting Challenge: January 2016

NomadZeke

Please see the main post here for rules, questions and general chatter, while using this thread to keep a list of links to your show-offs or show-off related comments in a single post: A reminder to please adhere to miniatures posting guidelines as usual.
http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66365-resolutionary-painting-challenge-2016-chatterquestions/
All the information you need should be here.

Your challenge is: 4

Bonus Challenge: Wizards of Winter - Paint a spellcaster to have a cloak/robes that resemble winter, whether the aurora borealis, a gentle flurry, a raging blizzard, or ice. Consider it an exercise in freehand ::):

A friendly reminder again to use "RPChallenge" in the tags for show-off to help them be found easier.

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 7

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And we begin!

(Here is the TSO tie in there NZ!)

Figures Finished

1.  Archway (03684)
  2. Takhisis (1926 of 5000)

Working on:

1. Ivan, Vampire Wizard (02866)
  2. Mathias the Twisted (02867)
  3. Balto Burrowell (02510)
  4. Angel of Death (65098, 02530)
  5. Takhisis (1926 of 5000)
  6. Badger

7. Fox

If you are following my wip, you can see I may get her done!

(Does she count as 5? :blink: )

George

EDIT---> I read the new rules about size after I wrote this....

EDIT 2---> Added link

EDIT 3---> Got Her in before the thread closed! :ph34r:

Edited by knarthex
  • Like 4

Whoo!

1. 02910: Cheetah Girl - Khajiit Marksman
  2. 02982: Casiatta - Battlemage, Babe of House Slytherin
  3. 03445: Drunk Pirate - Pirate campaign
  4. 03131: Eric Swiftblade -  Pirate campaign
  5. 03646: Barnabus Frost - Pirate campaign

I added another pirate in case Casiatta didn't count - I started her in December, and that's not really Shelf of Shame, just behind on painting!

As I work on them, they will be in Mori's Holiday Gifts WIP. ^_^

• Like 3

I'm in:

1. Tuma Windrider 120mm Bust from Legendarion.
  2. 01567 Reaper -Mary The Mermaid                          http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66457-mary-the-mermaid-by-xherman1964-aka-underwater-greed/

Because of the size of Tuma he will probably fill the quota like this.

Bonus : Placeholder.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 2

I'm in! Not 100% sure what I'm doing yet but I'll sort it out, or you people can tell me if I get something wrong. ::):

1. 89013: Ezren, Iconic Wizard (Show Off) (WIP) (Reaper store
  2. 77356: Anhurian Swordsman (Show Off) (Reaper store)
  3. (Another Anhurian Swordsman)
  4. (And yet another Anhurian Swordsman)

Not sure if I'm doing the bonus yet, I have a mage who needs painting who might work for it, but... not decided. Nope, no bonus for me! Too busy with other stuff.

(I'm likely to get either none or >12 done this month, actually, because most of the painting I want to do is army painting right now. I gots me a Frostrgrave warband needs painting! ::P: )

Edited by canuckotter
  • Like 5

I really have far too many miniatures. At least 20, and with a further 20 inbound from the 20 kickstarters I have backed the last few years. So for 2016 I will try to crank out those minis at an elevated pace, and chalk up an even 366 -one for each day - finished by the end of the year. And keeping my normal sloppyfast painting quality at a minimum. At least that is the goal.

Of course, this means that to avoid spamming the excellent reaper forums with samey, production-line dross nobody really wants to see, I will not be posting each and every one in the show off-forum even though the rpchallenge says I should.

But I will be putting them all up on my blog and linking them here.

2016 started strong, with 14 finished the first weekend, and a further 18 a few days later.

1. Bones Wall of Ice

3. Bones Treasure Pile and Candelabras

1. Bones Ghost King

1. Bones Mocking Beast

2. Bones Hordlings

1. DreadBall MVP: The Mighty Z'zor! (Ludwig)

2. Studio Miniatures: Nazi Zombies

2. Vor: Baby Growlers

7. Shadows of Brimstone Heroes

6. Shadows of Brimstone: Hell Bats

12. Shadows of Brimstone: Void Spiders

3. Shadows of Brimstone: Slashers

1. Shadows of Brimstone: Goliath

1. Shadows of Brimstone: Harbinger

1. Citadel Oldhammer Chaos Dwarf

1. Mantic Kings of War: Ba'Su'Su the Vile (Gargoyle Character)

2. Leviathan: Hell Hounds

18. Mantic SciFi Zombies conversions

Painted so far this month / year: 65

Edited by Maledrakh
  • Like 6