Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Krass Omenthrall - Reaper

Really well done, my friend. I love the simple snowy base with the vegetation covered like it was a first snowfall. The colors on the miniature are very appealing and go together very well.

My only critique: The sword blade, it looks like you didn't paint it or got some other paint on it. 

• Like 1

Really well done, my friend. I love the simple snowy base with the vegetation covered like it was a first snowfall. The colors on the miniature are very appealing and go together very well.

My only critique: The sword blade, it looks like you didn't paint it or got some other paint on it. 

Jay does face palm.... Hmmm.

This is going to sounds weird... "Looks like you didn't paint it".. Strange, cause I spent a lot of time on the blade !!!

I guess I got carried away being "Artistic"... I did it in five shades of black, and whites, and steel colors.

Mixed them and applied them on alternate sides, and then used a very light touch to make the blade look very

used... Fail... Too funny.  Usually my blade painting is horrible, guess I have advanced to "Ugly blade painting"..

Thanks Ub3R  :blush:

• Like 2

Blades are hard to do and make look really good. There are a few spots where it looks too white like paint got glopped on accidentally. Hope you didn't take any offense. I'll pull up a couple tutorials for ya here in a few in your WIP thread so you can see how some others get very cool blades.

• Like 1

@Ub3r_n3rd;

I never take offense on input, there is so much to learn all the time.

One fail here today, is a "By Jove I got" another day.

Or.. gee, I still suck at that, work on it..lol.

I just have to look at what I used to do, everyone gets better with time !

Input is always valuable.

Jay

• Like 2

Personally I think the blade looks TERRIFIC...matches the rest of your SPLENDID paint job. The blue armor & the snowy base compliment each other BEAUTIFULLYVERY WELL DONE!

The only thing I could critique is that Sandra "Sandy" Garrity might object to being referred to as a "he".

• Like 1

Personally I think the blade looks TERRIFIC...matches the rest of your SPLENDID paint job. The blue armor & the snowy base compliment each other BEAUTIFULLYVERY WELL DONE!

The only thing I could critique is that Sandra "Sandy" Garrity might object to being referred to as a "he".

Opps... Name change underway !

Thank you Malefactus !

Edited by Jasonator
  • Like 2

Opps... Name change underway !

Thank you Malefactus !

I don't think she would actually have minded; from a brief correspondence with her way back when, I'm of the opinion that Sandy is a super nice Girl. Since it was an easily correctable thingy, I was pretty sure you wouldn't mind my mentioning it. 

• Like 1

hrm I think I see what ub3r is talking about with the blade, at least in the first two pics. The lower two, it looks really good imo. I think the difference is likely the light and the photo itself. I could be wrong of course but it looks like the light changed/isn't on the same area of the blade thus making it look darker and not as 'metallic'. Anyway just my two cents! Taking pictures of this stuff is a pain and very hard - harder than painting them in the first place imo!

I really like your colours; they're very vibrant. The metals are gorgeous and the cloth flows really well. I always have trouble with that ><

• Like 1

hrm I think I see what ub3r is talking about with the blade, at least in the first two pics. The lower two, it looks really good imo. I think the difference is likely the light and the photo itself. I could be wrong of course but it looks like the light changed/isn't on the same area of the blade thus making it look darker and not as 'metallic'. Anyway just my two cents! Taking pictures of this stuff is a pain and very hard - harder than painting them in the first place imo!

I really like your colours; they're very vibrant. The metals are gorgeous and the cloth flows really well. I always have trouble with that ><

Thanks Guildenstern;

You are extremely correct about the photo taking.  I actually like the blade, and I suspect that the light (with the white of the snow) is picking up some of the color on the blade.  Its just something to watch down the road.  I really enjoyed doing the vibrant colors, and mixing them up to create the variations.

The cloth started out real dark, and then slowly went up into the vibrant purple/red/velvet scale. !

Thanks again for your comment !

• Like 1

He looks great, especially the armor!

Thanks vegascat.

This one is a lot of fun to paint, but beware of one thing.

This dang mini is SHARP, and pointy. I was bleeding several times while working on it.

Little pin points on knees, and other places.. OUCH !!

I started filing off the tips after several experiences !  LOL

• Like 1

This dang mini is SHARP, and pointy. I was bleeding several times while working on it.

One must always offer blood sacrifice to the hobby gods!  :poke:

• Like 2

One must always offer blood sacrifice to the hobby gods!  :poke:

Hmmm, suspect that would get me in BIG trouble with the boss !  ROFL

• Like 1