89013: Ezren, Iconic Wizard

Finally got a real start on my first wizard destined for Frostgrave. Not thrilled with his face - I'm having a lot of trouble with eyes, shockingly ::P: - but I've decided to move on to other stuff. I might come back and try to make his face less weird later. :;): 

post-14300-0-72051700-1452134267_thumb.jpg

He's an elemental wizard, primarily fire, and I thought it'd be fun to do the hair up as if it were flames. I think it's coming out OK finally, but it's taken some tinkering.

So! Thoughts? Things I should change? Did I actually manage to do something well? ::): 

• Like 13

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The hair looks GREAT already...I was going to say cool, but it's supposed to be hot...this is confusing. If you gradually go toward red tips, I think you'll nail the flaming hair effect...explains why there's no pointy hat in the Man's future.

• Like 1

Finally got a real start on my first wizard destined for Frostgrave.

So! Thoughts? Things I should change? Did I actually manage to do something well? ::):

You did the fire hair amazingly well!

As for the eyes and face, I would suggest that his face needs some shadows/shading, especially in the eye sockets..which will make the eyes pop better.

• Like 2

The hair is looking pretty good already and definitely reads as fire. You could stop there and be pretty happy, but if you specifically want to tinker and add more detail to it I would recommend looking at some reference of people fire breathing for reference of the kind of fractals you can find in the fire while its billowing. You could also take the fire all the way to white hot in a few core places where the fire is close to the source.

Good luck. I'm sure this one will turn out great!

• Like 1

post-14300-0-32141300-1453335578_thumb.jpg

I've been working on him off and on. Still have a lot of bits to go but he's getting pretty reasonable, in my opinion. ::): But he could always be better! For the parts that are painted already, does anyone have any suggestions? Any thoughts on how I should do the parts that aren't painted yet? ::):

• Like 3