This will (hopefully) be used as the beginning of a terrain collection that I'm going to be working on for skirmish games, such as Frostgrave.

I made it from a 10/15mm watchtower that I've had around for ages. I'm sorry, but I don't remember who made it. I filed the top flat to serve as a base for the statue which is an old Mage Knight piece, which is itself a copy of an even older Ral Partha figure. The paint/quality of the figure itself wasn't worth trying to save, but it was decent enough to make a statue, so here it is.

post-12095-0-18032200-1452199806_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-32627200-1452199836_thumb.jpg

post-12095-0-82702500-1452199856_thumb.jpg

• Like 19

That is one of those miniatures that may have been merely okay in full color, but looks FANTASTIC  as a statue. The repurposed base was an inspired idea. VERY NICELY DONE!

Thank you! You hit the nail on the head; the figure is kind of flat. I figured there was no way to sell it as a living being, but as sculpture, it'd work out great.

Sweet.  Now you just need a graveyard to put it in!

An excellent idea! I figure it might also work as something to put in the town square as well.

The graveyard is being worked on, slowly.

That turned out really nicely!

Very cool, great idea to make it a statue!

Thank you!

• Like 3

Thanks, everyone!

Man, CW why did you have to move away.  I'd be good for at least one game (day) a week of Frostgrave.  And we could have mixed and matched terrain.

Let me know if you are ever up this way.  We can get a game or two in.

Believe me, I tried to find a job in CT so I wouldn't have to move, but it just wasn't working out for me. The only offers I was getting at the time were either temporary with the possibility of becoming permanent (good pay, but not interested in gambling like that) or ones that would've paid me roughly what I was already getting and what I was getting wasn't cutting it.

Of course, I got a couple of really awesome offers after I was here for a couple months. <_<

Will do!

• Like 1

Ah yes!  I remember the sense of deja vu when I first saw this as a Mage Knight mini, then realized I'd seen it before in pewter.  I can't help but wonder whether it might have been intended for use as a statue in the first place: the pose is so static, the wings so stylized, that it just seems like a natural choice as some sort of eternal graveyard sentinel (and certainly not your typical D&D encounter, anyway).  The watchtower base goes with it nicely: The vertical lines seem to fit well with the very tall-and-thin proportions of the statue/figure itself.

Hmm.  On a tangent, now I'm looking at this and imagining the figure being worked into some sort of Art Deco inspired monumental structure, done in "bronze" rather than grey stone, a la Bioshock.  (Alas, that there doesn't seem to be much of a source for "Art Deco" scenics at miniatures scale.  But I digress.)

Anyway, it's a splendid use of a Mage Knight mini!  :)

• Like 2

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.