Sign in to follow this  
Terrainosaur

Spirit of the Forest (77184)

Most excellent, this is one of my fave still to buy minis and you did an exceptional job on this

• Like 1

The GLORIOUS array of colors you chose make the mini for moi...that & some FINE brushwork.. The flock beard & hair are a nice touch. OUTSTANDING WORK!

... this is one of my fave still to buy minis and you did an exceptional job on this

...same here. It's one on those minis that I always look at & never seem to buy. This may change soon...or not.

• Like 1

Heh, growing out of a hardwood tree like that, I'd say those orange ones are Gymnopilus spectabilus--wheee!

I like him.  He's visually striking, and just a fun piece to examine.

• Like 1

Noce work. He looks reminiscent of an old hand-tinted engraving, the sort that used arsenic "poison" green.

• Like 1

This is just super cool love the colors the mushrooms are super neat, love your use of static grass and the colors really pop nice, what a great looking piece!

• Like 1

The GLORIOUS array of colors you chose make the mini for moi...that & some FINE brushwork.. The flock beard & hair are a nice touch. OUTSTANDING WORK!

... this is one of my fave still to buy minis and you did an exceptional job on this

...same here. It's one on those minis that I always look at & never seem to buy. This may change soon...or not.

I could definitely see the Malefactean version of this guy having a large number of extra 'shrooms. (BTW, the bones version is easy to convert.)

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Brianuk
      These are 3 resin Ttcombat treemen from their recent Halflings and Friends kickstarter, and the Reaper Bones tree spirit. Painted with contrast paints mainly. I then had great fun sticking flock and lichen all over them. 

• By HolkDiggity
      The Cleric in my D&D group leveled up and acquired the Spiritual Guardian skill. He needed a model to represent his Guardian. Honaire looks so cool, but he didn't have a shield. I found one in my bits box, and painted the symbol of his chosen Deity, Chauntea. I loved painting this because the simple palette left more room to just relax and enjoy the work.

• By HolkDiggity
      A while back, I bought some Ammo Mig vegetation and saw it in my terrain drawer. I decided to paint something really quickly as an excuse to give the vegetation a shot. I painted up this dude in an hour, and then spent an hour messing with the Ivy and the Hart's Tongue. I'm happy with the way it turned out, and the experience means that I'll make them even better next time.

• By Inarah
      Here's a rundown on how I make quick, cheap trees for tabletop games.  For well under $10 you can have 3 clumps of good looking terrain using commonly available materials. 

What you need:

- glue, white and cyanocrylic (Super Glue)
      - 50mm round bases
      - sand, gravel, or kitty litter
      - craft paints
      - craft brushes
      - wire cutters
      - flock
      - plastic flowers from a hobby craft store, commonly called "stems" or a "bush" if there is  clump of them. Look for something more or less tree like, with branches.  This example is covered with clumps of foam.  They come in various colors depending on the time of year. 

Step one consists of separating each stem of flowers from the clump, discarding the leaves.  Leave the "flower" part attached to the wire stems.   Use wire cutters to trim stems to about 4" long. 

Coil each wire tightly so that it fits on your 50mm base.  Bend and shape each stem so that you can fit 2 or 3 stems on each base.  

Use Super Glue to attach firmly. 

Step two: sand and paint.  The sand helps cover up the wires, and adds a little weight for stability.  It looks best if you paint the base and wires, then glue down sand or gravel (let it dry) and paint a 2nd time.  This gives you good coverage on the base, and on the sand.  

Step three: flock and details.  I already added gravel to make large stones, but you can add more if you want a rocky look.  It sticks best if you glue to the sand before adding flock.

Cover the base with white glue and then apply flocking of your choice. 

Now you can add finer details like grass tufts, flowers, leaves, or colored flock.

I added orange flock to enhance the autumn theme.  My final step was to give the bright grey rocks a little brown wash to make them look more natural. 

• By Rigel
      Been working on this guy for a while; finished him (for a given value of "finished") a couple weeks ago but didn't take pics until recently. The sculpted beard wasn't doing it for me, so I added some reindeer moss. Glued on some tiny leaves that look like miniaturized burr oak leaves. His huckable boulder I'm using for other terrain. 

This is a big fella!

C&C welcome as always.
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 55 Guests (See full list)