Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

David Bowie tribute -- Ironwind Metals 20-572 Elven Decker (Male)

Nicely done Pingo.  One of these days I am going to have to get you to show the image in its smaller format (say next to a large object) just so I can admire them at the proper perspective.

^_^

• Like 1

Nice!  Although I never got to actually play Shadowrun (and the closest I got to playing RTS Games Cyberpunk was playing around with the "Friday Night Firefight" rules and observing just how LETHAL the combat was compared to my expectations set in hit-point-based systems), I actually picked up quite a few of Ral Partha's Shadowrun minis, since they occasionally provided a source for "modern" and "near future" minis for use in the sorts of campaigns my playing groups tended to focus on (bouncing between horror/investigation in various systems and superheroic games of Champions).  Later on, several of them came in handy for my early Star Wars West End Games adventures.  (There, for a couple of figures, decks became "datapads.")

Also, the Shadowrun minis were my first exposure to the sculpting work of (the late, great) Dennis Mize.

There were some seriously great sculpts in those lines, and the only real reason I don't use them as much now is because my collection has been largely bulked out by Clix minis and other plastic figures that are much cheaper to add on with than pewter, and they have a tendency to come in a significantly larger scale.  (I recall Ral Partha Shadowrun being a lot closer to 25mm from bottom of toe to somewhere in the head.)

• Like 2

Nicely done Pingo.  One of these days I am going to have to get you to show the image in its smaller format (say next to a large object) just so I can admire them at the proper perspective.

^_^

Scale pix?  Can do!

The stack of books he's standing on are standard mass-market paperbacks.  The last image doesn't actually give any indication of scale, but I like it.

post-8022-0-52857800-1452780050.jpg post-8022-0-14613500-1452780067.jpg

post-8022-0-91324800-1452780055.jpg

post-8022-0-61234200-1452780061.jpg

Edited by Pingo
  • Like 10

Seeing him at proper scale shows us how beautifully your style of painting makes smooth blends across all the highlight/shadow spectrum's.

On top of that your selection of reading material is just perfect!  Harry Turtledove... love it!  I also have most of Jo Clayton's work and I assume that was "Red Dwarf" with the cut off title.

Edited by robinh
  • Like 3

Nice!  Although I never got to actually play Shadowrun (and the closest I got to playing RTS Games Cyberpunk was playing around with the "Friday Night Firefight" rules and observing just how LETHAL the combat was compared to my expectations set in hit-point-based systems), I actually picked up quite a few of Ral Partha's Shadowrun minis, since they occasionally provided a source for "modern" and "near future" minis for use in the sorts of campaigns my playing groups tended to focus on (bouncing between horror/investigation in various systems and superheroic games of Champions).  Later on, several of them came in handy for my early Star Wars West End Games adventures.  (There, for a couple of figures, decks became "datapads.")

Also, the Shadowrun minis were my first exposure to the sculpting work of (the late, great) Dennis Mize.

There were some seriously great sculpts in those lines, and the only real reason I don't use them as much now is because my collection has been largely bulked out by Clix minis and other plastic figures that are much cheaper to add on with than pewter, and they have a tendency to come in a significantly larger scale.  (I recall Ral Partha Shadowrun being a lot closer to 25mm from bottom of toe to somewhere in the head.)

The scale is a bit smaller than modern figures, but not so much as to make them unusable, in my opinion.

Here's the Ral Partha decker between a couple of Reaper minis: 50232: Karla, Anime Heroine and 03155: Vandora Waverunner, Pirate.

post-8022-0-83369900-1452877027.jpg

• Like 8

He looks great; I especially like how his face came out.

I actually have the figure that 72Moonglum showed; I'm currently working on him.

Also, you have good taste in reading material; I own/have read quite a few of the books you used in your pictures.

• Like 2

Excellent reading material. The Third Man and the Big Sleep? Noice.

Also an excellent mini, and that last photo is indeed a spectacular shot for a Shadowrunner.

• Like 1