Sign in to follow this  
Froggy the Great

Randomness VIII: The Great Green Arkleseizure

So long randomness Vll and thanks for all the fish.

Hellloooooo randomness Vlll

I have good news and sad news.

I'll do the sad news first.

My friends dogs got into a horrible fight. The one that started it had to be put down, she'd always been a little off but she was Jean's late husbands dog so she was reluctant to do it sooner. Even after a lot of training Kai just wasn't right in the head. Unfortunately, Dutchess passed away during surgery. So today's been pretty sucky.

The good news- My cousin who lost her 8 month old baby girl in a horrible accident last year is pregnant again with another girl. Nothing can take the place of our sweet Georgia peach but a little bundle of sunshine is sure a happy thing to look forward to.

Oh, rhombus, that's hopeful news, among the melancholy. My best to your cousins and loved ones.

• Like 8

YYAAWWNNN!!!

Wolf wakes up..

Scratches ears, looks around.

HEY I'm in a new thread!

What sorcery is this? I fall asleep in one and wake up in the other?

Family stuff and so

Still no improvement. My son keeps shutting himself off.
So, I guess no celebrating my granddaughters 3rd birthday.
I will send the presents to his ex,, so she can give them.
Big bummer.

He can get help, but he won't he just refuses it. And won't acknowledge that
the problem lies with him for a big part.

It hurts, but at age 27 and from this distance I can't do much.

Aside from this I still worry about my webshop order that won't deliver.
promises were made, but it doesn feel good.
Somehow i just know I lost some money there,
Also I'm kinda paranoid about such things, what if someone starts using my name and adress fo ordering stuff and such?
Yeah I'm getting a bit paranoia.

It hasn't happened yet..and I have law insurance.

I'm blowing this out of proportion. Still scares me.

All this stuff with my son makes me sad.
I can only try to reason with him, but I can't push him too much either,.
I have tried that once and then we didn't see each other for a few years!

Bad situation. His mother ( my Ex) is Bipolar ( I guess thatÅ› how you call it)
So nothing good will come from her. His sister won't speak to him.
Pfff.

If only he wasn't so stubborn and would admit that he has a problem.
I'm afraid that if he keeps this up he will never see his daughter again ( and we won see her either then).

I have a hard time trying to keep my own mood up now!

My friends dogs got into a horrible fight. The one that started it had to be put down, she'd always been a little off but she was Jean's late husbands dog so she was reluctant to do it sooner. Even after a lot of training Kai just wasn't right in the head. Unfortunately, Dutchess passed away during surgery. So today's been pretty sucky.

The good news- My cousin who lost her 8 month old baby girl in a horrible accident last year is pregnant again with another girl. Nothing can take the place of our sweet Georgia peach but a little bundle of sunshine is sure a happy thing to look forward to.

Bad news is really bad and sad, Poor doggies.

Yay for the pregnancy. !!! ( very scary story about that accident, gives me the creeps, nobody deserves such things)

Hope all will turn out well.

Edited by Xherman1964
  • Like 5

The important thing is, it's probably not a dream.

And if I'm wrong and it IS a dream, we need better standards. We could all be superheroes, or lava dwellers, or aquanauts or something.

• Like 10

Whee, shiny new thread! I actually managed to post in the first 5 pages this time! :lol:

I was also a bit confused initially when I couldn't find the thread in the expected place, and I started seriously wondering whether Froggy had locked the thread then gone to bed before starting the new one (which the rational part of my brain knew wouldn't happen, but let's be honest, after 3am there's very little rational brain functioning happening in my head).

...I feel like there's a reference in the thread title, but I'm not getting it.  :mellow:

I may never be able to read the word "Mormons" again without picturing them offensively blasting obscenity-laced German metal and filing frivolous lawsuits against children, though...

considering the one that I know of, who posts here, is one of the nicest sweetest people in the world, I can't help but sit here and giggle at the idea of her blasting NSFW German metal or launching lawsuits. Yelling 'I Love You' to her friends and family in German, yes, but that's sooo not the same thing

:lol: Yeah, heavy metal is a tad outside my typical listening patterns, lol. I actually don't know how to say anything in German (except, ironically, to ask people if they speak German). ...After typing it into Google translate, yeah I can't even pronounce "I love you," rofl. Assuming google translate was even pronouncing it correctly (I don't have a lot of faith in text to voice accuracy. Though I did discover that apparently my phone has a voice to text feature for voice mails. With the one voice mail I've gotten so far, it was both surprisingly accurate and amusingly off, though when I listened to the message, I could understand why it interpreted the words the way it did. I just realized this has been a longish parenthesis, I should probably cut it off now).

Right now I'm watching cat videos, because what else is 4am good for, heh. ...I should probably try to sleep. I think I'll go watch

, a mama cat purring and talking to her kittens, I find it so soothing and comforting. :wub: I just wish it were longer!

Huzzah!

--OneBoot :D

• Like 10

The Great Green Arkleseizure is from Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, don't remember exactly what it is, probably one of the creation myths from one of the alien races. I may be wrong about that.

Welcome to the thread everyone, let's not burn it down till tomorrow.

• Like 7

Ker-CHOO!

Hey! Cover your mouth! Between that and Buglips kissing everyone last night, this place is gonna get icky, fast.

New thread.

Maybe the posts will come slow enough to follow now?

I somehow doubt it.

Probably not for the first day or so; let the newness wear off.

Ok, So I'll actually post in this one.  Nothing to say, just that I posted.

Welcome aboard!

Wait it's pinned?

'Cause it's important. :poke:

I'm getting impatient...hasslefree, ninja all stars, and cav ate all supposed to arrive in the near ish future.

Sounds like you're gonna be busy (er) soon.

I'm sorry to hear the bad news, but I'm very happy to hear the good.

edit---rather embarrassing typo that I'm surprised (and glad) no one caught...

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 8

The important thing is, it's probably not a dream.

And if I'm wrong and it IS a dream, we need better standards. We could all be superheroes, or lava dwellers, or aquanauts or something.

Buglips, goblin philosopher :huh: Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 9

The Great Green Arkleseizure is from Hitchhikers' Guide to the Galaxy, don't remember exactly what it is, probably one of the creation myths from one of the alien races. I may be wrong about that.

Welcome to the thread everyone, let's not burn it down till tomorrow.

I believe its the one where the universe was sneezed out, and we should all worry about the coming of the handkerchief.

Went to bed so early, but got a full night's sleep. Then today is my day off, as I'm refusing to do more PowerPoint until tomorrow. We kinda need to work in shifts anyway, as only one can work a section at a time in any case.

So I'll be rotating my tires, design and print a tool for setting tooth fairy pillow eyes for the wife, and... I had one more thing I felt I had to do. Serves me right for not writing it down.

Probably going to try a new Indian food place that opened up nearby for lunch.

Now I ave to go off and figure out what that last task was. Or nap. Maybe breakfast first.

• Like 7

The household with the four kids is counter suing the kid-hating household because they didn't appreciate the NSFW, head banging, German heavy metal that the kid-haters played loudly to drive the kids out of the playhouse.

My question would be, if it's in German, how did they know it's NSFW? :huh:

It's Friday...finally.

And hopefully it'll pass quickly and quietly.

ETA---Xherman: I'm very sorry to hear about the family issues you're going through. I hope that things improve for you.

Edited by Chaoswolf
  • Like 8

Wow, this thread still has that new thread smell! Welcome new and returning people. Remember to keep your appendages inside the thread while it is moving and try not to step on the tiger's tail while he's sleeping. We should reach our destination in about 3-4 months so everyone get settled in and enjoy the snacks. Though you probably want to make sure you don't grab any of the goblin's by accident.

Happy posting everyone!

• Like 9

Yay new thread!

Tiny - sorry to hear about the doggies, and the accident, but glad to hear about the pregnancy

Herman - the ex so far sounds reasonable. Maybe she will keep in contact with you so you can keep seeing your grandchild.

And I hope your package comes soon.

---

And I'm not able to quote cause I'm still lying in bed on the phone. Haha

Looks like I didn't catch my husband's viral conjunctivitis but no clue why I felt like such crap a few days ago.

• Like 8