• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ub3r_n3rd

• Erifnogard

• NomadZeke

• Chaoswolf

Top Posters In This Topic

Woo hoo! My parents are taking the kids for a whole weekend in early June! I'm going to go visit a friend of mine (who I've dubbed my honorary little sister) and my wife is going on a trip with a friend of hers to go check out some wineries. Should be good times and happiness all around. ::D:

• Like 10

As the theological pedants in my family* point out, normally gods give you what they are the god of. You don't destroy books for Thoth, you don't raze fields for Demeter, and you don't sacrifice love for Aphrodite.

*We have a good number of them, if you can believe it. No, really.

• Like 9

So how would you guys do 6mm SiFi infantry using only Reaper parts? CAV is nominally 10mm so their infantry is insufficient.

For 2mm, I'd recommend Hair Roller Armies. 6mm is large enough to show detail, though, so I don't have any good suggestions other than to trade Reaper minis for Heroics and Ros (or whatever).

Good luck finding old-fashioned prickly hair rollers like those these days. I haven't seen them in decades.

Even when I was a kid they had largely been replaced by cheaper foam rubber cylinders with clips.

Dollar General has them, I just put some out today.

• Like 7

Good luck finding old-fashioned prickly hair rollers like those these days. I haven't seen them in decades.

Even when I was a kid they had largely been replaced by cheaper foam rubber cylinders with clips.

Dollar Tree still has them.

The funny thing? It did not strike me at all odd that Froggy would know that... or WHY he'd know that...

• Like 11

My delicious wife made delicious meatballs for supper last night. And tonight's leftovers. Yum yum yum.

Anybody remember what Reaper is calling their grick?

ETA: chthon. It's a chthon.

Edited by Marvin
  • Like 5

As the theological pedants in my family* point out, normally gods give you what they are the god of. You don't destroy books for Thoth, you don't raze fields for Demeter, and you don't sacrifice love for Aphrodite.

Not that uncommon to offer the first of the harvest to agricultural gods though.

• Like 7

The only thing I ever got from my gods was tetanus.  And a couple of curses.  Also this big purple wart, so I guess I came out ahead.

• Like 9

So how would you guys do 6mm SiFi infantry using only Reaper parts? CAV is nominally 10mm so their infantry is insufficient.

For 2mm, I'd recommend Hair Roller Armies. 6mm is large enough to show detail, though, so I don't have any good suggestions other than to trade Reaper minis for Heroics and Ros (or whatever).

I have some.

Didn't think about using those for texture before! Time to raid my late grandmother's curlers!

• Like 7

Not that uncommon to offer the first of the harvest to agricultural gods though.

Yea, although oak leaves were an acceptable substitute, or so I heard.

• Like 5

Dollar Tree still has them.

The funny thing? It did not strike me at all odd that Froggy would know that... or WHY he'd know that...

15mm barbed wire emplacements.

• Like 8