• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not brave, talented or experienced enough to put that range of tones into one fabric, but your red is something to inspire to and try to emulate - WOW

Plus your black looks like BLACK - not gray or blue or purple - just deep rich black

Bookmarking this so i can look back and try to do this - THANKS!

• Like 1

*Sigh*

Please stop.

Every time I see a mini painted as awesome as this I get an urge to buy that mini and attempt to paint it as well as the one I saw...

Do you have any idea the damage you're doing to my wallet?

(Never mind the fact that I'm barely a beginner in the hobby... )

Or the number of minis piling up in my home?

The least you could do is to list the paints used, so that I don't have to guess and order the wrong ones...

;-)

In other words; awesome paint job, I'm jealous as heck of your skill, please give us some details about how you did it.

And yeah, I'm at the DSM page right now. Hope they accept PayPal...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By aku-chan
      Presenting Lysette, a mage from the Bones USA line by Reaper.

Started on this one back in January, but got stuck on her dress so she spent a while in the Cupboard Of Unfinished Things.
      Unfortunately, my camera doesn't like her sky blue hair and it's really blown the colours out, she looks a tad better in hand.

As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
    • By 72moonglum
      And hello again, my Reaper brethren and sistern, 

Another mini I finished just this afternoon, a Ral Partha Mage with Wand, sculpted by Dennis Mize back in the late seventies or early eighties.  He came from the Children of the Night range, and his blister pack was originally called Shadow Elves or something like that, but nowadays at Iron Wind Metals, he's just known as Mage with Wand.  I was going to use my normal camera to take these pictures, but my battery died and I didn't have any left at home, so took this one again too with my iPhone. he came out okay, not sure if too much contrast?

Unlike the Unicorn I just posted, this one is only two photos, a front and a back.  The only thing I'm not sure if I'm that happy with is his wand. The little jewel on top I was thinking of reddish-orange, but it may have turned out too much like the chestnut brown of the holding part of the wand.  Anyhoos, this was a relatively simple mini to paint, not a lot of dingley danglies, which makes for a pretty quick job.  In this blister pack he's got a female and two other male shadow elves.  I'm almost kind of inspired to paint the rest of them as well. I've already painted the female three times, but the other two males haven't done yet.  We'll see how inspired I get and if I throw them in my queue.  Being they were called Shadow Elves, I thought of a drow vibe and one of the versions of the chick I actually did paint as a drow.  Alas, we'll see what I end up doing, so many miniatures and only 30-40 years to live.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of an anthropomorphic animal I painted. This Dark Sword Miniatures DSM8107, Joey the Thug - Sheltie Rogue was sculpted by Dave Summers for their Critter Kingdoms miniature range. I used tree bark and sand on its 40mm diameter base.

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here are pictures of an anthropomorphic animal I painted. This Dark Sword Miniatures DSM8083, Harrek the Otter Cleric was sculpted by Dave Summers for their Critter Kingdoms miniature range. I used a natural river rock as promontory on its 40mm diameter base. I wish you all a fantastic weekend!

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all you Reapervellians,

So I had these figures sitting around and primed for probably about two or three years, and then while trying to start up another project, I ended up grabbing these.

These are four new figures, sculpted by Dave Summers, famous for his Darksword anthropomorphic miniatures as well as decades of other finely sculpted figures, that he sculpted for Ral Partha's Chaos Wars game in 2016, associated with a Kickstarter if I recall correctly, and then a rather old figure, the female dwarf, who was sculpted by Dennis Mize back in I think 1977-1978.

Nowadays of course, figures are a lot larger, but Dave Summers sculpted these four new dwarves to that old school 25 millimeter scale, which means they are pretty petite. If I remember afterwards I'll snap some kind of comparison photo with some common item. I always forget to do that for some reason.

Anyhoos, here they are:

and here's the lady dwarf. I separated her out because I actually have an older version that I did of her years ago as a gift for somebody, and wanted to show it as a comparison.

Here's the one I just painted:

and here she is probably already five or six years earlier:

I had her on a much larger base in the original version.

Anyhow, that's all for today folks, enjoy at your leisure!

• Who's Online   14 Members, 0 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)