Sirithiliel

01581: Christmas Dragon Hoard WIP

You might look into interference paints. They are designed to do that exact effect. Golden makes a few of them.

Otherwise, it looks amazing so far.

Edited by EvilJames

Anyone have tips for Interference paint? =P

The interference effect comes from the specific optical properties of the pigment in the paint that changes with the angle of incidence of the light source relative to your eye.

You could try the trick Pingo used with metallic paint to make disappearing runes on a Spelljammer.

If that is not close enough to what you want I think you need to use a interference paint since you can't really cheat that kind of optical effect.

Anyone have tips for Interference paint? =P

The interference effect comes from the specific optical properties of the pigment in the paint that changes with the angle of incidence of the light source relative to your eye.

You could try the trick Pingo used with metallic paint to make disappearing runes on a Spelljammer.

If that is not close enough to what you want I think you need to use a interference paint since you can't really cheat that kind of optical effect.

i have a bottle now, was wanting to make sure i knew how to use it before i did XD

• Like 2