Sign in to follow this  
Jasonator

Bloodknuckle Grymm - SHD17

Thanks everyone for the comments.

This is a fun one !

I also have to say that I was greatly influenced by Malefactus on this miniature.

I got into making him as full of whimsy and laughter as I could.

I even put his eyes in, and tried to make him laugh and twinkle (alla Malefactus style).

I, of course, had to toss in the Orange (Ginger) for robinh !

This was such a lot of fun. 

I am looking forward to whatever other comments folks submit.

• Like 2

Thanks Jessie;

Sometimes these lil guys give you a great challenge.

The facial features on this one really give you a run !

Once you connect with them , they really become enjoyable !

He looks great, and the beard highlights makes me think of the way Pingo paints, which is not a bad thing :-)

• Like 1

He looks great, and the beard highlights makes me think of the way Pingo paints, which is not a bad thing :-)

Mange Tusen Takk Citrine !

The Norwegian course is really paying off, even though very exhausting.

I should be finished by 15 Feb...mind blowing.

• Like 1

A grand beard very fitting for a dwarf warrior! Oh, and great skill in execution as well..

Thank you for that wonderful compliment.

I think great sculpts make you improve as a painter.

There is so much you want to do with them, that you push yourself to experiment

and achieve.  Thanks again.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By EvilJames
      I painted this guy up for D&D to be my Warlock. Sadly it may be some time before he fills that role again. Photos still look a bit washed out. :( The Base should look like floorboards and they do in person.
    • By Rigel
      I've had this one in the works for a while. She's a little more cheerful and Art Noveau than most of the rest of my Miskatonic staff, but that's okay! Misk.U. cultivates eccentrics of all types. She seems to be handling the job just fine. And those pointed ears indicate she's already survived a brush with chaos, or perhaps has a little bit of eldritch in her. 

Her colleagues are a Stonehaven halfling librarian and a Black Cat librarian/cultist. Gave them both a minor touch-up for this shoot.
    • By Russell
      This is another bogle for Monster Blood Tattoo though it happens to look a lot like an especially large werewolf.

First the sculpt:  Although fur is often difficult to clean the parting line on this one was largely invisible to begin with.  

Second the paint:  It lent itself to a simple drybrush, but I've gone for such dark colors it doesn't show up in the photo.

Third the question:  I just glued it to a round base today and can't decide how I should finish the base.  It's going to be used in tabletop skirmish games so it doesn't need anything fancy.  I just can't decide between gluing on sand and little rocks, applying resin sand gel, or using Apoxie Sculpt to build up the circular base to the level of the stock base.  Opinions?  Pros & cons?

• By Rigel
      "Fond of bright colors, chiefly green and yellow," as Tolkien described his hobbits.
      Stonehaven does some incredibly character-rich sculpts, and this is one such. This lady is full of vim, vigor, optimism, and a can-do attitude! 

I imagine her as maybe the irrepressible kid sister of a grown adventurer, who has heard stories of adventure and wants to be a part of things. (Big sister played by Daschelle, 44009 )

• By Lostraven
      This is one of my favourite minis and I have been working on it for awile. I hmmd and hawd about how to base it but finalluy decided to do a simple raised cork base.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 1 Anonymous, 46 Guests (See full list)