Forest Shamblers (Kings of War) (Pic Heavy)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

These look so much better than the official pictures!

Are these metal miniatures?

Yes, those are metal miniature. So the whole piece is quite heavy.

Thank you for the positive feedback everyone. You motivated me in trying to do the whole army in a similar style (with each unit as a mini diorama).

I have a few ideas... but limited time to apply those...

So we'll see...

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lazarp
      Painted some zombies for my Rangers of Shadowdeep games, they were quick and fun to paint 

• By MoonglowMinis
      Every fiendish army needs tiny minions to throw through the meat grinders.  Today I've got some assorted imps and quasits (the demonic counterpart to imps for you non-D&D folk).

First up,
      The Quasits

These fun little guys are the grunts of the demonic legions.  The front two are Quasits from the Nolzur's Unpainted set "Imps & Quasits" #WZK73719.  The back three are Reaper Bones Hordlings (77335).

More Below the Spoiler:

And up next,
      The Imps

These three imps are all Nolzur's from "Imps & Quasits" #WZK73719 and "Familiars" #WZK72563

More Below the Spoiler

Was definitely going cross-eyed after painting these tiny guys.
      What's the smallest mini you've ever painted? (Feel free to share pictures)
    • By Brianuk
      These are 3 resin Ttcombat treemen from their recent Halflings and Friends kickstarter, and the Reaper Bones tree spirit. Painted with contrast paints mainly. I then had great fun sticking flock and lichen all over them. 

• By Maledrakh
      These last few weeks have been very busy IRL so very little has been painted. I did however manage to whip this up the other day.

The little vampire. aka Vampire Halfling from Kings of War: Vanguard's Undead Warband Booster, by Mantic Games. Off to count some blood sausages. Or maybe slurp some black pudding. Oh, how he longs to again be able to have some hot cross buns...but they burn his mouth so...

For some reason my camera did not want to focus properly on the face.

Printlines?! Printlines!?

What is it with "premium" resin minis and what looks suspiciously like printlines? Has someone failed at the clean-up-of-the-master-print-stage or is it something else that makes such lines a thing? Has someone rushed and cut corners? Why would you release a premium resin model like this?
      You can say a lot about Mantic starting out with cheap, "no brand" minis, but that is simply no longer true. Single, normal size resin models clock in at the €10-15 range retail price, the four model booster is a £30 / €40 / $45 box. That is premium pricing. Well, maybe at the lower end of premium but still, premium pricing.
      When they charge a premium price, I expect a premium product. Print lines = sloppy quality control. = not premium.
      Apart from the print lines on the cape, it is a good mini. I cannot abide the square bases they use for Vanguard, so I printed a 25mm round for it.

Sneaking up on a beefy snack

This mini was finished May 25th 2020.

Vampire Halfling
      from the Undead Warband Booster
      for Kings of War: Vanguard
      Mantic Games, 2020
      unknown sculptor
      Made in resin
      25mm base.
      available from manticgames

• By HolkDiggity
      A while back, I bought some Ammo Mig vegetation and saw it in my terrain drawer. I decided to paint something really quickly as an excuse to give the vegetation a shot. I painted up this dude in an hour, and then spent an hour messing with the Ivy and the Hart's Tongue. I'm happy with the way it turned out, and the experience means that I'll make them even better next time.

• Who's Online   20 Members, 2 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)