I is working but you is a friend.  Here it is, and I was wrong,it's not Grenadier, it's Ral Partha:

Thanks for the photo & being a friend, Pingo...not necessarily in that order. The mini really is cool...I can almost hear The Chamberlain's HMMMMMMMMM.

My friend, Jim, had a Free Mini Box at his shop, Men at Arms. It was a plus for the young & old gamers/painters alike. That's a shop I miss.

• Like 3
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Skeksis figure.  It came from the Box O' Goodwill and was part of a set of gargoyles, I think possibly from Grenadier.  The rest are gargoyles, but this one is a skeksis.

I've never seen minis for The Dark Crystal. The Skeksis are really cool...especially The Chamberlain. 

I have a Skeksis figure.  It came from the Box O' Goodwill and was part of a set of gargoyles, I think possibly from Grenadier.  The rest are gargoyles, but this one is a skeksis.

Can you show it?

...I would love to see it also

Can you show it?

I'd have to dig it out.  Or find the picture in the Box O Goodwill thread.

...if it isn't too much of a pain.

I is working but you is a friend.  Here it is, and I was wrong,it's not Grenadier, it's Ral Partha:

attachicon.gifDSC_0281-skeksis-gargoyle.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0282.jpg

attachicon.gifDSC_0283.jpg

Awesome skeksis. Pingo.

Malefactus... have you seen the new Hasslefree take on Asterix?

They have a female Not Asterix and a Female Not Obelix.

• Like 1

Awesome skeksis. Pingo.

Malefactus... have you seen the new Hasslefree take on Asterix?

They have a female Not Asterix and a Female Not Obelix.

Not yet...Hasslefree is a little out of my price range, but I'll check them out anyway. Thanks for the tip.

Addendum: I just found them: Rennie the Gaul & Tilda the Gaul...they are both UBERCOOL.

NICELY DONE SIR!

I really like how you do you letters!

Thanks for the kind reply, Arc! A LONG time ago I did calligraphy. While I've forgotten most of the pen work, I guess some of the lettering remains. I'm glad you like it.

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

Wow, that Hoggle really does look like himself, but on Jareth there's a significant lack of Bowie pants. ;)

Seriously, they're a beautiful work of art!

Thanks, Tosek...glad you like them.

I agree that Jareth gives a David Bowie impression, but doesn't quite pull off a complete look alike. Hoggle, however, is dead on...as I may have mentioned Fabio is a Dwarf Fan.

Oh malefactus, this made me cry! They're wonderful!

I haven't been keeping up with the Show Off forum as I should, but I just happened to be doing a search for those Northumbrian Nightfolk because I was thinking about doing my own Labyrinth tribute and had remembered those goblins looking very Labyrinthian.

The search term I used, btw, was "Froud" and I thought "Well of course malefactus would come up in this search!"

• Like 2

I haven't been keeping up with the Show Off forum as I should, but I just happened to be doing a search for those Northumbrian Nightfolk because I was thinking about doing my own Labyrinth tribute and had remembered those goblins looking very Labyrinthian.

The search term I used, btw, was "Froud" and I thought "Well of course malefactus would come up in this search!"

Thanks for the kind reply, Guindyloo...sorry it made you cry. I glad you like them despite the tears.

They are having a Labyrinth discussion with some leads to suitable minis on the Lead Adventure Forum...there's a really nice Jareth look alike on page 2:

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=86292.0

...this isn't a commercial link.

Really very, very well done. As you said, hopefully now someone will be moved to create a set with the whole cast.

Thanks for the very kind words, LittleBluberry! I'm delighted you like them.

Having all the Labyrinth crew would be WONDERFUL

Edited by malefactus
  • Like 2

Thanks for the kind reply, Guindyloo...sorry it made you cry. I glad you like them despite the tears.

They are having a Labyrinth discussion with some leads to suitable minis on the Lead Adventure Forum...there's a really nice Jareth look alike on page 2:

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=86292.0

No need to apologize, my friend.

Thank you for the link, that's extremely helpful!

• Like 1

I gotta say, as someone who's legitimately named after Labyrinth, This is pretty awesome work you've done.

(Although my name ended up being spelled with a y to be different.)

-Jaryth

Thanks, Jaryth! As an official Labyrinth resident, your approval carries extra weight & is much appreciated...glad you like them.

• Like 1