Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

Rabid Squirrels (and skunk)

As always, supremely awesome work, the blends you get on chibi sized stuff is mind blowing. I find its so hard when there is so much space to cover.

I'm about to get a load of Chibi Ninjas, and SDE cards to go with them.  So some will be for the squirrels, and others will fight against them.

Maybe I should convert one with a paintbrush.

As always, supremely awesome work, the blends you get on chibi sized stuff is mind blowing. I find its so hard when there is so much space to cover.

Fur texture helps with that quite a bit actually.  To be honest, you can use the same technique when you don't have a flat surface.

Edited by odinsgrandson

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glamberry
      Not sure I have posted any of my recent Minis anywhere ( if I did please excuse my forgetfulness). Recently I decided to work my way through one of my mini games. The infamous Super Dungeon Explore. I know a lot of people are not too fond of ninja devision due to various Kickstarters not being delivered ( I personally am in for Relic Knights: 2nd edition ) but I felt like I should paint them anyway. This is a big project for me since I'm a real slow poke and I would like to invite you along the (hopefully not too painful) way. Grab your rations and a duvet because you are in for a long one.

I dislike repeat paint jobs which exactly why I started with the unique models, procastinating on the stuff I like least the longest (what could possibly go wrong). I try to stick as closely as possible to the original colour schemes.
      First one up. A tree.

• By odinsgrandson
      So I really like board games with cool minis. Two of the board games that I’ve spent the most time playing are Kingdom Death: Monster and Super Dungeon Explore! Both are great games with fantastic minis- although the tones each use could hardly be farther apart.  

The developers of these games know each other, and When both games went to Kickstarter, they took the opportunity to do a cool cross over. So means that we got a really cute chibi of the Twilight Knight.  

She makes a great mini, and I’d have been happy to leave it off there, but the fluff on her card implies that if those super cute Super Dungeon characters go into the Nether Rift in their seting, they end up in the brutal and bloody hell world of Kingdom Death.  

So I got to thinking about this, and decided that I really needed to expand on this idea of the cute little chibis on the Planes of Faces.  

Yes, these are all playable, and I'm going to continue to create Chibi versions of Kingdom Death monsters.  

• By odinsgrandson
      When Super Dungeon Explore first hit the scene, I almost immediately wanted to start making characters from some of my favorite 16 bit JRPGs.
      For some reason, my favorite characters in Final Fantasy 6 were always the least central ones, but the chances that Sodapop were going to make a suitable Mog or Umaro mini was pretty low.  So, when I saw that a local Blood Bowl commissioner had some Big Foot Minis for sale, I had to jump at the chance to make an Umaro.  I only had to adjust the hair a little and it was perfect.
      For Mog, I started out with a Giri creep from the Super Dungeon Goro set (I ended up with lots of extra Giri after the Forgotten King Kickstarter.
      Anyway, here they are:

• By Clearman
      This was an old Soda Pop miniature that I think I received as a promo.  It's been setting in a box for 10+ years as one of those models that was waiting for me to be "good enough".  He was a blast to paint, and I was kind of amazed at how well flesh tones worked for hair color.  Entry three of four at ReaperCon.

Comments and Critiques welcome.

• By odinsgrandson
      Ok, I’m a fan of the Final Fantasy series, and one of the things that I like to do is convert chibi minis into some of my favorite videogame characters.
      Naturally, one of my favorites is Auron from Final Fantasy X. He’s such a badass.
      I started out with the Goemon mini from Ninja All Stars (which is a fine mini in its own right). Everything that isn’t Goemon was made from green stuff. All together, I think he came out rather well.

• Who's Online   6 Members, 0 Anonymous, 38 Guests (See full list)