Making a Mordheim warband mostly for fun, as I don't have any locals to play with, but maybe it can create a little wave among the local Necro players. :D

So I bought these really cool minis from Heresy. Three ghouls and a necromancer. I am going to need five ghouls total, three dregs and a vampire, but first things first. 

I've based them and shaded, and are currently waiting for them to dry:

Based bronze skin tone:

post-13938-0-68588700-1453256338_thumb.jpg

Shaded with plenty of Agrax Earthshade:

post-13938-0-70015700-1453256340_thumb.jpg

Could not help myself. The necromancer was pointing at something, and I added another 'finger' from the sprue remains. 

post-13938-0-21018800-1453256342_thumb.jpg

Based with grey:

post-13938-0-77464100-1453256344_thumb.jpg

• Like 11

Phew, and after some hours of sleep, I regenerated enough energy to finish the painting. I don't have any electric drill/file, so he'll have to live with six fingers, but I don't think that kind of mutation is this guys biggest problem. 

Now only basing remains:

post-13938-0-14582800-1453277862.jpgpost-13938-0-46204000-1453277863.jpgpost-13938-0-76446600-1453277864.jpgpost-13938-0-20584000-1453277867_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Alright.  So I want to share some old skeletons with you to both show off some of my older paintjobs, and to reflect on my growth over the past two and a half years.  An what better way to show off my growth in Bones, than with bones?

More Below Spoiler:

I am not a fan of repainting old models or painting another copy of something I've already painted.  I have so many minis in my collection that I'd rather keep moving forward.
      That said, I love painting similar things.  It's a great opportunity to reflect on your past projects and to compare where you started to where you've come.

I'd love to see some before and after photos of some of your works!
    • By MoonglowMinis
      So this past February, I got around to painting up these Bog Skeletons.  I was in need of more swamp zombies for Rangers of Shadow Deep and had these guys laying around and figured it was the perfect excuse for painting them.  Though I am a big fan of bog-bodies, I decided to lean more into a swampy look.  I figured they could be a bit more colorful and I got a strong vision of a green-tone horde of skellies.  Plus bogs are notorious for preserving bodies and these guys missing quite a bit of their flesh, organs, and hair.

More Below the Spoiler:

I had a lot of fun working on these guys.  They're very colorful despite being monochromatic and I think they're among some of my best work.  I tried out new techniques and pushed my skills.  In the end I have a group of evocative minis that really imply a setting beyond the limits of their bases.  I couldn't be prouder of these bone-boys.

I also recently shared some photos of some of my earlier attempts at painting skeletons.  It was really fun looking back at where I started - especially since these models are very similar to the Skeleton Guardians.  You can check out my old skeletons in the Show-Off post HERE.
    • By Lidless Eye
      A very fitting tribute to the classic days of Mordheim.  I'm glad they're doing both physical and STLs...I like to copy everything and mirror it when I print multi-part pieces to get more variety.

They've also got several add-ons of some of their existing conversion sets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grimforge/scoundrels-of-the-damned-ruins?ref=user_menu

"Mighty backers, welcome to the second campaign by Grimforge Miniatures!
      A difficult year has passed for all and we have worked hard on a lot of projects but the main project which has lead our work is to create a new range of multicomponent miniatures capable to give you the opportunity to assembly a lot of different warbands, an evolving  expandable system born to integrate old and new models and kit for the best kitbash you can imagine.
      we have decide to keep the grimdark fantasy style full of citations from the 90's period and from the paint of artists like hyeronimus bosch.
      We have also taken the big decision to release for the first time also a digital version of this kit to give everyone the opportunity to print their scoundrels at home.  So you have 2 options: traditional resin models or Stl files. 

We have sculpted a complete multicomponent kit and we have a solid range of Stretch Goals to give you the opportunity to unleash your scoundrels during your games. All our miniatures are cast in Italy with high quality resin, the best way to give you miniatures as faithful as possible to the original sculptures. If you already know our models, you already have proof of the quality of our products. On the other hand, if this is your first experience with us then you are even luckier! in the last year we have improved the quality of our models and our efficiency so you will receive our best job!
      here are the "Scoundrels of the damned ruins": mercenaries, treasure seekers, cutthroats... these are the scum who are ravaging the Damned Ruins and you will be able to assembly a warband in a lot of different styles, from pirate to landsknecht with a moltitutide of weapons and accessories."

• By bblythe84
      I painted her up as a fun project. Let me know what you think. 

I am trying to improve my painting abilities.

The purple marking on her thigh was supposed to be a skull tattoo, it didn't really work as well as I had hoped.

• By Erramir Orlans
      Hello people! i would like to share with you an upcoming Kickstarter campaign that will start on April 20 and last until May 10.

This is the preview page https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/joygamesinteractive/the-holy-roman-empire?ref=d1ay07&token=6758305e

As the title says, it will offer Rank & file 3d printable models to make an Imperial Army (15-16th century Germany/Holy Roman Empire), including chracters, commanders, and special troops/artillery
      The main pledge of $30 usd, gives 63 models (core units). As add-ons, at 75% off (compared to webstore prices), there will be sets of models (from previous releases in the patreon) and scenery.

The base pledge:

There will be some freebies stretch goals, and other payed, Like ogres mercenaries(x3), Giant, volley gun, heavy arquebusier/sharpshooter, and moarrr!
  • Who's Online   15 Members, 1 Anonymous, 50 Guests (See full list)