Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

Malifaux Whiskey Golem, WYR20603, by Pingo

What and interesting miniatures! Well done it by the way!

I looked at it and thought, "Yes, walking Whiskey barrel man, he would be my best friend!"

Edited by Arc 724
  • Like 3

+1 on the corrosion being a nice touch. That oxidation look really sells it.

That lattice webbing draped on the back, that's impressive looking, too. 

Very nicely done.

• Like 1

Nice work on that worn look you've given him. I like it.

I wasn't familiar with this figure and looked at the pictures before reading your text. Was surprised he's a plastic mini as I had thought he was metal.

• Like 1

That is one of those Wyrd minis that has tempted me for some time now. Seeing how WONDERFULLY yours turned out may very well push moi over the edge...of purchasing it that is. Your wood tones & corrosion are BEAUTIFULVERY WELL DONE!

• Like 3

Nice work on that worn look you've given him. I like it.

I wasn't familiar with this figure and looked at the pictures before reading your text. Was surprised he's a plastic mini as I had thought he was metal.

It's quite lightweight. The sculptor did a good job making it look massive.

It might also be the photography. I had the camera in really close to the figure to force the perspective just a little. It's why you're looking down at its feet and also up at the barrels on top. You can see in some of the photos where I was so close the camera lens got in the way of the flash and there's a dark shadow over the golem's feet. The last photo doesn't have that effect.

• Like 1

*Sigh*

And here I had promised myself not to get another mini until the next paycheck... How am I going to hold out for 3 whole weeks when you post such wonderful work?

That patina is just incredible.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      Coincidentally, I had this figure very nearly done two days ago when the sad news of Diana Rigg’s passing was made public.

It always was a tribute to her incandescent portrayal of Emma Peel in the old British TV show “The Avengers”, but now it’s a memorial as well. Requiescas in pacem, Ms. Rigg.

The figure is “Pandora King (Classic)” from Crooked Dice miniatures. Crooked Dice has a minis game based on cult TV and they’ve produced a lot of different figures suitable for that sort of storytelling.

• By Pingo
      Happy birthday, @TheAuldGrump and @Inarah. I hope you enjoy this. Notes follow after the photos.

This is Grenadier’s Hippogriff, #138 from the Fantasy Lords series way back in 1983, now sold in lead-free pewter by Mirliton Miniatures, Italy. It’s well sculpted, with securely fitting wings.

I wanted to paint something different from the common hippogriff colorings, something with a little challenge to it. So I decided to go with several black and white patterned creatures. The front end is based on an osprey, the wings on a hoopoe’s, and the hindquarters on a zebra, all somewhat modified to suit the figure and to blend where the shifts happen.

Whenever you’re going to paint a chimeric model, a creature made up of the parts of other creatures, it’s a good idea to go look at real animals to see how their colors and feathers and skins look, and also how they blend into other things. If nothing else, there are excellent visual resources on the internet.

Technical notes:

• By Inarah
      Got this guy in my Bones Paint & Take Home Survival Kit earlier this year.  He was done with lots of sloppy washes and dry brushing. I put flock on its exposed twigs, for decency's sake. 

• By Pineapple
      Working my way through the backlog of minis I need to photograph and post. I was very intimidated by this guy at first, but it turned out to be lots of fun to paint.

C&C welcome.

• By TheOldGuard
      Greetings!

Coral Golem from the "Titans Of The Tide" pack in Bones 3.

It was quite tricky trying to determine many of the details on this mini but I got there in the end . Some of them, like the little fish & the sea cucumber were a pleasant surprise!

There are areas of UV paint on this mini but I'm afraid I can't get very good pics showing it but the following will give some Idea. If anyone knows how to take a successful pic in low light using a UV lamp, pls let me know & I'll give it a go & post pics.

Thanks for looking!

• Who's Online   18 Members, 2 Anonymous, 62 Guests (See full list)