• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My Fire Demon was missing his lower jaw so I liberated Goroloth's head to replace it.  At that point his wings weren't impressive enough and he some new ones from Rauthuros.  The whole conversion took

Trying to decide if this plastic rod is strong enough to form the core of the staff or if I need to upgrade to metal.  Oh, also the tines of the fork are together.  They are made from the outer part o

Progress shots.  Haven't been to the store to pick up the parts for the military fork yet but the staff gives you an idea of the length of the shaft for it.  

Posted Images

Trying to decide if this plastic rod is strong enough to form the core of the staff or if I need to upgrade to metal.  Oh, also the tines of the fork are together.  They are made from the outer part of the Wolf Demon's claws.

post-7951-0-61387300-1453606875_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-85804000-1453606878_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-27656300-1453606881_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-55185900-1453606883_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 14

So just an fyi, when using CA glue to bond bones to brass rod you have approximately 0.5 seconds to adjust where you put it if the fit is tight.  Good thing I had it pretty much in the right place cause this sucker isn't letting go.

ETA:  Fortunately, it seems that a brief dip in boiling water got the offending piece to let go so I can adjust it.  Here's where we stand before any greenstuff to fill in the shaft.

post-7951-0-38566200-1453616931_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-88183600-1453616933_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-15611400-1453616936_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-26232200-1453616939_thumb.jpg

Edited by Erifnogard
  • Like 11

Ok, first step of what I want to add.  Think Edvard Munch's 'The Scream'.  Essentially all the swirly stuff on the shaft is stolen souls.  Probably going to shoot for a few more spikes protruding up and down the shaft with faces tacked to them and maybe some fingers sticking out of the swirl as if hands are clawing to get out.  We'll see.  Sorry for the quality of the pics, very hard photograph around a shaft, especially with just a phone.

post-7951-0-85568100-1454876614_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-96403400-1454876616_thumb.jpg

post-7951-0-06222100-1454876619_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.