Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By Maledrakh
      From the second Bones kickstarter, the Sea Hag:

A very simple but effective paint job. I started with a black undercoat with a heavy-ish light grey zenithal primer on. I slapped some Vallejo Nocturna Natural Flesh on the lower rags and Scale75 Arbuckles Brown on the top rags. Then I sloshed CItadel Athonian Camoshade all over it, drawing off most pooling to avoid those tidemarks. Very light drybrysh with Vallejo Nocturna Cold Flesh when dry.
      The hair got a coat of Vallejo Nocturna Pale Flesh followed by Army Painter Dark Tone Quickshade Ink. Eyes get a dot of Citadel Wazdakka Red followed by a smaller dot of Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow.
      Base and done.
      Even though this mini is billed as a Sea Hag and she does have a slight fishy look about her, I am thinking she will be joining my Ghoul army as some sort of subleader.

"Who be this tender morsel? Come to Meg, juicy boy! What a fine fat boy you are!"

77276 Sea Hag
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By 72moonglum
      So here is the third figure from the set I was working on recently, a female fighter or ranger with staff. Nowadays on the Ral Partha's site, they just call her a fighter, but she originally belonged  to a three piece blister pack of Rangers from Julie Guthrie's "All Things Dark and Dangerous" figure line.

Being she was a ranger originally, quite the opposite of the Ranger Archer I just finished a few days ago, I tried to give her a bit more natural colors.  And here is then the group together, and the original image I found from an old catalogue:

So anyhow, fun figure to paint, hope you all enjoy!
    • By Pingo
      This is the Reaper Bones 77371 Basilisk sculpted by Julie Guthrie. It's quite small - about the size of a large dog, with a wonderfully grouchy visage.

I painted it up fairly quickly to illustrate a video about how yellow and black can be mixed to make greens. This was an example of the less vivid greens (For a really vivid yellow-and-black green, see my She-Hulk Show-Off thread). All the colors on the critter were mixed just from yellow (mostly Yellow Ochre, but also a little Hansa Yellow), black, and white.

The video is here, if anyone cares to watch it.

• By Pingo
      This is Reaper's magnificent 50212 "Incredible Woman," sculpted by Bob Ridolfi.

She's a great figure that can be painted up like a lot of (tall - she's a big one) women superheroes. Wonder Woman is on my wish list, and maybe Captain Marvel one day.

This version is Marvel's She-Hulk from her classic days as one of the Fantastic Four, replacing Ben Grimm for a time.

As a materials and techniques note, I didn't use any green or blue pigments in her skin. It's all mixed from yellow and black. This was partly to prove a point and is kind of central in the art video I posted on YouTube last week: Yellow and Black Make Green.

Enjoy!

• Who's Online   10 Members, 0 Anonymous, 69 Guests (See full list)