• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      So I've actually been pretty productive these last couple weeks, and here is another miniature I finished up last night, an executioner, sculpted by Julie Guthrie back in the eighties.  Pretty basic figure, very few colors, didn't take too long to paint.

was lucky today in that it's reasonably sunny outside so I've got some good natural lighting going on.

Not sure how happy I am with his axe, turned out a little dark, and I considered putting some blood on it, but in the end thinking maybe it's his first head-whacking of the morning, and hopefully he cleans it daily.

With his long weekend I was able to paint quite a lot, and this gentleman was done pretty much all this week. He'd been sitting on a base primed for years, but he seemed to be a nice straightforward figure that I could get done quickly.

So hopefully you all enjoy another trip back into our miniature prehistory!

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• By Glitterwolf
      I painted the Reaper Rhino Beetle for my Shifting Sands Project.
      Used several Metallics on it.
      WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/12/&tab=comments#comment-1944089

Pics with basic background and fancy Desert background.

• By 72moonglum
      Hello all and good evening!

Another figure finished last night, a Julie Guthrie figure from the early eighties, Fighter Mage with Sword, a set of three fighter mages that she sculpted in the good old days.

Fun figure, pretty straightforward.  His long scarf is apparently a millipede, also a nice little touch!
      Anyhoos, did him in kind of an oriental style, hope you all enjoy him!

• By Maledrakh
      44078 Giant Snake (#616)

Yeah, snakes have been around since the Garden of Eden. The earliest fossils of snakes we have date from the Cretaceous period, 145-66 million years ago). Snakes seem to be a successful group of animals, still alive and slitherin'.
      I tried to give it a relatively realistic patterning with colouration that might work on the autumnal flock I use these days.

32mm base.
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie

Great Beasts indeed!

From the Lost Valley expansion
      Bones 4 kickstarter, 2019
      Reaper Miniatures
      Made in Bones Black PVC
      available from reapermini.com

These models were completed the 2nd of May.
  • Who's Online   27 Members, 2 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)