• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      Labella DeMornay, Banshee from the first Bones kickstarter, This is a green translucent, and like all translucents I undercoated it first with Army Painter Anti Shine Matt Varnish, so the following washes would have something to adhere to. This is key to painting translucents. Also, make sure to use transparent paints, like inks and quickshade washes. Opaque paints will invariably ruin the translucent effect. The green tinge of the plastic will affect any transparent colours that are used, and so this must be taken into consideration. For her brown hair, I used Citadel Carroburg Crimson shade (a dark red). The skin is Citadel Casandora Yellow Shade, the dress is old Citadel Blue glaze (red flip-cap hex pot) and ditto Turquoise glaze. Taking care to draw off any pooling and to avoid unsightly tide marks by smoothing with a damp brush while wet. The aim is to tint the translucent plastic, not sp much paint over it, or even "shade" it. Not sure how pleased I am with the results here. I think the results could have been much better if the plastic was clear not green tinged.

77096 Labella DeMornay, Banshee
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 1 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Translucent green Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
    • By planetmut
      Private Chapman has been in stasis for 1,538 days and awake for two. Private Chapman is wondering where she is, when she is and what her mission is. Private Chapman is also pondering why she hasn't been issued desert pattern armour.

Private Chapman has just spotted something up ahead. Private Chapman's life expectancy is four minutes.

(Again, sorry about the photos which were taken on my phone.)

• By ttuckerman
      Felicitations on your personal solstice!
    • By Maledrakh
      From the second Bones kickstarter, the Sea Hag:

A very simple but effective paint job. I started with a black undercoat with a heavy-ish light grey zenithal primer on. I slapped some Vallejo Nocturna Natural Flesh on the lower rags and Scale75 Arbuckles Brown on the top rags. Then I sloshed CItadel Athonian Camoshade all over it, drawing off most pooling to avoid those tidemarks. Very light drybrysh with Vallejo Nocturna Cold Flesh when dry.
      The hair got a coat of Vallejo Nocturna Pale Flesh followed by Army Painter Dark Tone Quickshade Ink. Eyes get a dot of Citadel Wazdakka Red followed by a smaller dot of Citadel Flash Gitz Yellow.
      Base and done.
      Even though this mini is billed as a Sea Hag and she does have a slight fishy look about her, I am thinking she will be joining my Ghoul army as some sort of subleader.

"Who be this tender morsel? Come to Meg, juicy boy! What a fine fat boy you are!"

77276 Sea Hag
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 2 KS 2013
      Sculpted by Julie Guthrie
      Bonesium PVC.
      30mm round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By 72moonglum
      So here is the third figure from the set I was working on recently, a female fighter or ranger with staff. Nowadays on the Ral Partha's site, they just call her a fighter, but she originally belonged  to a three piece blister pack of Rangers from Julie Guthrie's "All Things Dark and Dangerous" figure line.

Being she was a ranger originally, quite the opposite of the Ranger Archer I just finished a few days ago, I tried to give her a bit more natural colors.  And here is then the group together, and the original image I found from an old catalogue:

So anyhow, fun figure to paint, hope you all enjoy!
  • Who's Online   24 Members, 1 Anonymous, 88 Guests (See full list)