Sign in to follow this  
Pingo

77212: Tiik Baron

Pretty awesome stuff. I dig his eyes!

A nudibranch, maybe? A Spanish Dancer, given the color you gave it.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MoonglowMinis
      Who let the dogs out (of hell)?

Hi everyone.  Back again with some infernal pooches.

These are the Hell hounds from the Bones 4 Fan Favorites Expansion.  They were fun and challenging.  All those glowing lava details were a pain.  I think I managed to get them to turn out alright though.  Also had fun with the lava bases.

More Photos of the Hell Hounds beneath the spoiler:

In all, I like these guys.  Their bases were a lot of fun and really pop from a lot of my other minis.  I'll be posting more of my infernal collection soon, but figured these were a great place to start.

Which Hound turned out best?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      Hi everyone.  Got a couple of Cool Cats to show off today.

I went back and forth for a long time on whether or not a wanted a group of matching lions, or if I wanted variety.  As a DM, I feel these would be used most often as Druidic wildshapes, familiars, or summons.  I also couldn't deny that i wanted to try some different techniques on each, so I decided to go with a Lion, a Tiger, and a Black Panther.

Tiger (Reaper Bones Lion 77341)

First up was the Tiger.  She was actually the Lioness from the Reaper Bones Lions set (77341).  Her sculpt looked like it could read as a tiger, and that was my major inspiration for wanting to paint each of them differently.  I used a lot of references images on her and the subsequent cats as well.  Really wanted to get the coloration right.  I'm happy I did, because my instinct was to use more orange tones, but in actuality, tigers have more of a warm brown color.  I used red-hair colors to bring out the highlights.  The stripes weren't as difficult as I was expecting.  I just used my reference photos as a guide and did my best.  I do worry that people will misinterpret the nose stripes as poorly-drawn whiskers though.  She also looks a little dopy head-on but I promise that that's the sculpt.
      Click the Spoiler for more Photos

Lion (Reaper Bones Lions 77341)

Next up is the other half of the Lion set.  This guy was always destined to be a lion.  Once again, I'm really glad I used reference images.  Its funny how many animals we envision incorrectly.  I learned this lesson well after painting up the Bones 4 pig way too pink, even though I knew it shouldn't be that color.  I'm really pleased with my coloration on the mane.  The only dry brushing on this guy is the rock base.  Time consuming but worth the result.  I think the muscle highlights look pretty natural.

Black Panther (Legend of Drizzt Board Game - Guenhwyvar)

And finally we have the Black Panther.

Fun Fact:
      Did you know that there is no such animal as a Black Panther?  It is just a nickname for melanistic variants of any Panthera species, specifically Leopards and Jaguars.

This model is from The Legend of Drizzt Board Game by Wizards of the Coast.  I have not read a single Drizzt Do'Urden book, but I believe the black panther, Guenhwyvar, is the ranger's companion animal.  Anyways, that was influence enough to paint her up in that style.  I believe I used mostly Black Jaguars as inspiration, though the markings became less important than getting the highlight colors right.  I ended up using Reaper's Dark Elf Skin colors to highlight the black, which is amusing considering Drizzt's race.  I added some mottled spotting afterwards, trying to imply the pattern more than paint each individual spot.  I think I managed to imply muscle, fur, and spots without losing the dark shade of black I wanted.  Pretty happy, especially since this sculpt was my least favorite of the bunch.

QUESTION TIME
      Which of the three is your favorite?

What animals do you use most often in your games?

Do you have a favorite animal you like to see painted in miniatures?
    • By MoonglowMinis
      How's it going everyone?  Got a handful of baddies to show off today.  Painted these a few months ago and still pretty proud of them.  They're a mix of the Brigands from the Bones 4 Core, and the Bandits from Bones 3: Stoneskull Expansion.

Painted them up to match.  They'll work great as bandits, thugs, mercenaries, or militia men.  Very versatile figures.  They were also a great opportunity for me to practice my face-work.

Brigands (3) 77707

I'm assuming the upcoming bones "Brigands" are in fact these three.  Lovely little models.  I'm a big fan of the slightly chunkier bones models that have been coming out lately.  They tend to have larger surface areas and better-defined edges.  They also tend to have less clutter.  This makes for an easier, cleaner paint job in my opinion.
      More Photos below the Spoiler:

Bandits 77507,77508,77509,77510

These four are from the Bones 3 Stoneskull Expansion.  I've had them sitting around for awhile, but decided to paint them up with the Brigands.  They have similar enough designs to fit together.  In general, I like their design less, but once I painted them up that didn't matter.  Perfectly serviceable mooks!
      More Photos beneath the Spoiler:

Who's your favorite of the bunch?  I'm partial to the Executioner myself, with the Bandit Bully taking a close second.
    • By Glitterwolf
      RocketPig Miniatures.
      3D printed on Elegoo Mars.

Necromera.
      Part of my Lords and Ladies of Death Project.
      WIP Here:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-lords-and-ladies-of-death-by-glitterwolf/page/13/#comments

It's night, it rains and it seems everybody in this forsaken town has closed their doors and windows.
      Even the Inn seems to be closed, why?
      One would think the villagers are afraid of something.

You hear the sound of wings in the dark sky above you.
      Suddenly you hear a soft voice:
      All alone in the dark? How nice!

You turn around and the last thing you see is the Necromera.

• By Glitterwolf
      3D file is from Rocketpig Miniatures, I printed it on the Elegoo Mars.

It's now part of my Shifting Sands Project.
      WIP HERE:
      https://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79372-shifting-sands-glitterwolf-paints-egyptian-undead/page/16/#comments

• Who's Online   33 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)