Recently Browsing 0 members
No registered users viewing this page.
During my Shelf of Shame Project I started with the fairy. Since there is only room for one project on my wet palette, this one had to take the back seat during RVE. Today I finished another project, at least as far as the palette is concerned, so I can finally continue with my little fairy. Every aspect of this project was created by rolling dice.
For everyone interested, here is a somewhat elaborate summary of part one:
During weekend I usually put down my brushes. At the moment, painting is a stand in for my job that's on hold because of Corona restrictions, so there will probably be no progress until next week. I just wanted to set up everything so I can start right away!
I haven’t been on the forum much this year. Since joining Anne Foerster’s Patreon I’ve been spending more time on Discord.
I’ve been painting this guy following the paintalong she’s done for one of the tiers. It’s the first time I’ve tried to do a “display quality” paint job. Other firsts are NMM, freehand, leather texture, cloth texture, and sculpted base elements.
I actually started this guy early this year, but then stopped painting altogether for about 4 months after the pandemic started. I picked him back up in July and am getting close to finishing. I’m posting a series of pics I’ve taken as I went, and will continue to post as I finish him up soon.
Feb 29: prepped and primed, with some minor GS work
Mar 1: base GS sculpting
— LONG BREAK —
Aug 2: skin lined, basecoated, and shaded
Aug 6: skin initial highlights
This was my main entry for the Painters category at 2019 ReaperCon. This figure was a long time resident of my shelf of shame. Originally intended for it to be an anniversary present for my parents in 2015 but I never got past base coating. For some reason it was just not clicking with me but I was determined to finish them this year. I made some changes to what I had planned and that finally worked. I originally planned on doing green and blue with a larger display base that was more a diorama. After so many years, I determined the base was just not working and one time when I was looking at the base coats, I realized pink would be better than blue with the green. It ended up being perfect because my mother has some art work that these colors match perfectly. Once I got the base and colors figured out, finishing was a breeze.
One of the newer minis from Dark Sword Miniatures. I saw this at the beginning of December and immediately thought of my best friend. As it took me until just this past week to finally find time to paint her, and my BFF lives in London, it's a much belated Christmas present. But worth the wait, I think.
She has a little friend hiding in the flora too.
Who's Online 14 Members, 3 Anonymous, 59 Guests (See full list)