• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Metalchaos
      Hello everyone, here's the result of my first attempt at sky and earth non metallic metal (SENMM). This Dark Heaven Legends model 02023, Tolzar Righteous Arm was sculpted by Sandra Garrity. I started painting it during RVE (Reaper Virtual Expo). I painted the cape as I was following along Ian Markon's class on blending through Layering and Feathering. I then painted the freehand at the bottom of the cape during Brice Cocanour's Beginner Freehand class. I finally painted his armor, shield and hammer head using the SENMM technique. It's my first take at Sky and Earth Non Metallic Metal. I did my best to reflect the sunset on all metallic parts. Let me know what you think.

• By 72moonglum
      Good afternoon all you reaperfiles! 

So I haven't painted anything by Sandra Garrity for the longest of times, so I'm glad I started this little figure up, Ellana Dragonmistress, a female druid she sculpted long ago for Ral Partha. Beautiful little figure with her traditionally petite eyes.  The hardest part on this one, besides the eyes, was deciding on what colors I'd use.  As I listen to a lot of Anne Forester's Twitch channel over lunch and she talks so much about color theory, I always wonder if my colors match or not, but ultimately, without a color wheel to whip out, I end up guessing and hope it all ends up matching more or less. One day I'd like to figure out what colors totally clash 1000% and paint with those, but that is for some future miniature surely.

So here she is:

One thing I really like about her is that besides her staff, she carries no weapons, which makes her a reasonably simple miniature to paint, but also gives you that feeling that she knows she's so bada$$ that she just doesn't need any weapons. I also really like her cowboy boots.  Why a blue dragon head?  No idea, it's what arrived to my brain.

So anyhoos, enjoy!

• By Metalchaos
      Good day everyone, I completed my Perils of the Underworld diorama. I changed the name simple because there is a trademark on the word Underdark. Here are the pictures, do not hesitate to leave any critiques as I would like to improve anything that does not look right. The building WIP can be found here and the painting WIP here. To realize this diorama, I used Reaper Miniatures model and MSP paint only.

The whole idea of this project started with the gemstone the gnome is holding in her left hand. I converted 03082 Ingrid the female gnome sculpted by Derek Schubert as a svirfneblin prospector. (Svirfneblin is the name given to deep gnome in the Forgotten Realms lore). She is exploring the Underworld in search of precious minerals. She's riding her faithful familiar the 14453 hunting cat sculpted by Sandra Garrity. They are taken as prey by an ambushed 03602 stone lurker sculpted by Kevin Williams. There is also a 02018 bat from the familiar pack 1 hanging from its perch and several mushrooms I sculpted in green stuff to complete the scene.

The mushroom I sculpted are all found in the Forgotten Realms lore, the blue ones are called nightlight fungus, the round ones on the ground at the back of the display are called timmask, the pink ones are glowcap mushroom and the ones growing on the roots are  ripplebark. It took me about 90 hours of work to do this diorama, not including the time I spent preparing the WIP. Enjoy!

• By R2ED
      2nd mini painted this weekend for Paint Club.  I admit this one posed some interesting challenges that I'm not super thrilled about.  Most of that is related to the lack of details to really draw out, but it also highlights my lack of ability to know how to help highlight that muddled scuplt.  

BATTLE REPORT!

Wins:
      * Majority of Blink being armor made the choice for colors fairly easy.  I once again used the combo of the Gunmetal and Aluminum as the pairing.  I like it! 
      *  The purple and red seem to be an okay choice for the only real two tones in this model, but I'd like a bit more color.  Still a win.
      *  I really went back around 4 times to fix the skin.  I found that there were some mold lines I didn't quite scrape off that frustrated me, but even so the colors seem okay.  Reaper send me a SAMPLE color that's like THE COLOR of flesh that works in a pinkish hue that I love.  LOVE.
      *  The checkering I added to the helm seems to be a fun detail and helps bring out some of the helmet forward.  
      *  I used black ink to do black-lining which helped show separation between all of the plates.  Win!
      *  Eyes came out great.  I wanted to go back and add that little sparkle in the corner of the eye, but I think we all know that one-step-too-far we all can take when it's good enough and then it gets screwed up.  Holding back was the way to go.
      *  Trying a lot harder to work the hair with highlights.  Did a brown base, lined with brown liner between the strands, then highlighted with brown sand.  Works?  I think so.

Misses:
      *  The dark lining I end up with around the eyes needs to be drawn back further.  I can't seem to get around that.  It was really present around my Lysette work and shows up strong in this one, too.  Wah wah.
      *  I tried using brown liner to bring out the detail in the plates.  Wasn't strong enough and too runny in its medium, so I had to swap to black ink.  
      *  Not sure I'm a fan of the shield mix of tones with Gunmetal and Aluminium.  I think I need input there from y'all.
      *  The horsehair helmet with purple and red...may have been a bit much.  Color recommendations?
      *  I liked using a pinkish color for that vial hanging on her belt, but is it too bright?

Overall, this little model was not the easiest due to the carve of the model.  I do think that this was a great test to see how I could add to it, but still so much to learn on improving things like this with more free hand.

Any thoughts?

• By Glitterwolf
      This is a vintage mini, Grenadier Dragonman Sorcerer, I got it from a BOGW a few years ago.

I will use him as a Demon Officer in my Children of the Grave army, because I think he looks a bit like a classic Demon.

WIP
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79298-children-of-the-grave-by-glitterwolf/&page=4

Enjoy!

• Who's Online   22 Members, 5 Anonymous, 48 Guests (See full list)