Sign in to follow this  
odinsgrandson

Euryale (linked for nudity)

Love the palette you used on her, really nice!

And I agree, it's an amazing line of minis. Medusa is on my bench for when I can get back into mini painting.

• Like 2

Love the palette you used on her, really nice!

And I agree, it's an amazing line of minis. Medusa is on my bench for when I can get back into mini painting.

I've got a medusa to show off too.  I just need to get a nice collage version of her together first.

• Like 2

Nicely done! I love all three of their gorgons...will own, one day. And then I'll look back for yours to show me how to paint Eurie!

Really lovely work.

That is a beautiful sculpt, and you did an amazing job painting her!  The scales, wow!  The amount of detail you put into those snake patterns and the highlight and shading on the scales is incredible, and it paid off with a great looking miniature.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Maledrakh
      The Brass Bull. out of the Bully for you subset in the Bones 2 core set.
      This is a not-Gorgon from D&D. I do not know why Gygax would call this a Gorgon, since it really has nothing to do with the Gorgon sisters from Greek myth. But what it is, is a massive metal bullock that has a petrifying green gas breath attack.
      Even though the Gorgon is described as iron, in that it can be rusty, I did it in bronzey brassey colours.  I gave it a bit of green around the muzzle to look like some residue from it's halitosis.

More beneath the click

• By Sanael
      Got a little bored with the half-finished things on my desk (which explains why they're all half finished and over two years old... Or eight years, in one case...), So I decided I'd start on something I've wanted to paint to a high level for a long time.

Jeff Grace did a magnificent job sculpting this snake lady, and offering a lot of wonderful opportunity for painters. Although I love love looooooove Marike Reimer's subtly colored studio paint job, I wanted something with a bit more color... Beautiful as they are, Diamondbacks aren't the only snakes in the world, and I like snake-folk that aren't just Brown or green.

So I'm talking inspiration from the lovely Redbellied Snake, a small species of the Eastern USA. Maybe too docile a species to expect as a Gorgon, but I don't mind. Look at the color!

So the plan is to go with the highly saturated red-orange of her scutes, abdomen and face, the relatively dull brown of her back, and a pale bluey green for her dress (I suppose the dress is more or less a chiton, but the more I've looked at it, the more it starts looking like a peplos with sleeves and a very small himation...I dunno). I also intend transparency on the garment, which is why I stayed inside the lines about as well as a kindergartner on Red Bull.

This is about 15 minutes of work, that's all I had during lunch today. I also did not write down my paints, so I'll get that formula tomorrow. I am super excited about that red-orange, though!
    • By jonaas33
      Whipped up this fig in about 45 minutes and am really happy with how it turned out. Going to use it as a Gorgon in an upcoming adventure.  I feel like I could have spent another hour or two on it, but that probably would have ended up making it look worse rather than better. Sometimes leaving a fig alone is the best bet.  Comments and critiques are welcome as always.  Thanks in advance!

• By odinsgrandson
      I'm always glad when a client sends some Arena Rex minis my way- the game has a wonderful set of sculpts.
      Here are the two strangest monsters from their lineup- the chimeric Proximo and the emaciated Wendigo.  The only trouble I have with these pictures is that the gloss doesn't show up (it works on bloodied areas- the practically undead Wendigo has a few areas that should look shiny).

• By odinsgrandson
      Medusa is easily among the most beautiful sculpts I've ever painted.  My hat is off to Sebastian Archer, he really outdid himself with this one.

After I posted the first one, another client asked me to paint her up for him.  I mostly followed my original color scheme, except this time I used true metallics in place of the non-metallic metals I used the first time around.

I'll need to paint one up for myself sometime.  She really just screams to be in a competition.

I've posted her to coolmini for anyone who cares to vote.

The translucent fabrics make me think I ought to go with links for her:

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/arena-rex/Medusa-1.JPG?i=1414459205

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/arena-rex/Medusa-2.JPG?i=1968411908

http://www.gardenninja.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/arena-rex/Medusa-3.JPG?i=239197043
  • Who's Online   23 Members, 1 Anonymous, 35 Guests (See full list)