• Members

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kotigames/battle-arena-show-returns?ref=category_newest

Hello friends!

My name is Ruben Segura and I want to show the board game that I have developed with 3 partners. I hope you like it!

Battle Arena Show will be released through Kickstarter on February 2nd at 12:00 pm EST. The game recreates the experience with the MOBA games such as League of Legends, DOTA or Heroes of the Storm and moves it into the board in an effective manner.

A Spartan general charging against an outlaw half man-half machine? A sorceress, the daughter of dragons, blazing up through plasma shots? The werewolf hunter surrounded by the tentacles of the unborn? You don´t believe it? Come on in, come on in, the show has only just begun…

In a dystopian future, the most famous heroes of all times are forced into participating in a macabre television show where they will be pitted against each other in a bloody combat arena. Only the heroes that demonstrate courage, power and astuteness may free themselves and win the coveted title of Battle Arena Master.

Battle Arena Show is a team game for up to 2-6 players who will compete with each other in order to destroy the hordes and enemy bases. Players will take on the role of various heroes with unique abilities and attributes and must equip themselves with different objects and evolve as the game progresses in order to beat the opponent and destroy his base.

Koti Games reveals that its first Stretch Goal in the upcoming campaign on February 2nd in Kickstarter will be a new map that will include a cooperative mode where one or more players must face hordes of different enemies trying to destroy the ally core. Stay alert because they also inform us that the campaign will have a advantageous price for the first 48 hours. Share it!

www.facebook.com/battlearenashow

https://www.facebook.com/groups/132851767828/permalink/10153839114812829/?pnref=story

Edited by Darsc Zacal
Tag updated

I hope they do better this time around, as it is an interesting looking game.

Although I have to admit I don't care for any of their male sculpts; way too top-heavy with way too short legs.

Edited by Jeneki
  • Members

About this project

08035df4d516dde1850228422458b74a_origina

Welcome to Battle Arena Show, a fun team-based strategy game played with fantastic miniatures! Battle Arena Show is a board game that incorporates strategy and action of the MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) video games. Two to six players organize themselves into two opposing teams, each with the goal of destroying the enemy’s base in order to win the game.

The key to victory is collaborative team-play and strategic reasoning. Each team is composed of three champions and twelve minions, represented by highly-detailed miniatures, which may be painted, permitting the players to personalize their unique collection!

Battle Arena Show takes place in an alternative reality, where the discovery of time travel allows for unprecedented technological advances. In a world devastated by warfare, a morbid television program broadcasts battles to entertain the masses. There are champions from all over the world and from every imaginable era in each opposing team, but all must strive to firstly destroy the enemy base in order to earn the coveted title of Battle Arena Master.

ee7533caa5db7a99bece335ebf33307a_origina

53905095ce5c92e1d7aa883ea37f0aab_origina

• Like 1

I remember this one. I still don't like the relative size of sculpts, with the guys looking like jacked-up Hulk Hogans next to those anorexic supermodels. I know that's really kind of par for the course with miniatures, but somehow it really leaps out at me here.

Edit: Which is a shame. The game idea looks more interesting than many others. Oh well.

Edited by Arkady
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

This is shipping, however they apparently had a big problem with mislabeling packages, and lucky me, apparently I am one of them:

Hello backer of Battle Arena Show,

As we published in the last Kickstarter update we detected some errors in the shipping addresses.

The parcels of some backers were sent to the address of other backers.

We are contacting you because you are one of the affected backers by this problem. When you receive the parcel you will see that the shipping address is yours but the name is not your name. The box can be identified easily because it has printed the Battle Arena Show logo. If that is the case proceed in the following way:

1. If you have not received the parcel yet, when you receive it reject. That will cause that the parcel returns to our facilities. The logistics operator sends us the same tracking number that they send to you so we can track the parcel, and as soon as we verify that the parcel was rejected we will resend your correct reward.

2. If you already received the parcel and accepted it, please notify us in order to send a postman to take it and return to us, and resend the correct one.

Thank you for your cooperation and apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Koti Games team.

Unfortunately, I haven't received any shipping info even though the letter says I should have. It'll end up costing them, I work nights and can't meet the postman (I'd consider staying up if I knew when it was arriving). It seems strange that if it was caught before delivery they couldn't recall the affected orders.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
On 2017-09-08 at 4:48 AM, Suden said:

This is shipping, however they apparently had a big problem with mislabeling packages, and lucky me, apparently I am one of them:

Hello backer of Battle Arena Show,

As we published in the last Kickstarter update we detected some errors in the shipping addresses.

The parcels of some backers were sent to the address of other backers.

We are contacting you because you are one of the affected backers by this problem. When you receive the parcel you will see that the shipping address is yours but the name is not your name. The box can be identified easily because it has printed the Battle Arena Show logo. If that is the case proceed in the following way:

1. If you have not received the parcel yet, when you receive it reject. That will cause that the parcel returns to our facilities. The logistics operator sends us the same tracking number that they send to you so we can track the parcel, and as soon as we verify that the parcel was rejected we will resend your correct reward.

2. If you already received the parcel and accepted it, please notify us in order to send a postman to take it and return to us, and resend the correct one.

Thank you for your cooperation and apologies for the inconvenience.

Sincerely,
Koti Games team.

Unfortunately, I haven't received any shipping info even though the letter says I should have. It'll end up costing them, I work nights and can't meet the postman (I'd consider staying up if I knew when it was arriving). It seems strange that if it was caught before delivery they couldn't recall the affected orders.

Just curious if you ever did receive a shipment.

• Like 1
  • 3 months later...

Since they sent me the email in September but I never received anything I figured I would just wait, assuming they had recalled the missent packages and would send me my order eventually. I got tired of waiting and finally sent an email Jan 20th.

They responded the next day, "Your parcel was sent months ago and you should be received it a while ago. We tried to find the error with no success, so we will send you a new parcel ASAP. Sorry for the issue.

Kind regards,

Koti Games team"

I was a little surprised but fast-forward three weeks and I get an unusual package. It was a box in a very sturdy white sack. Inside was the game plus the add-ons (and a small box of stretch goals). All of the character minis are resin, the minions are a soft plastic similar to bones. The packaging is very nice, the game board and pieces look to be thick, good quality parts.

5a7dbcd1a8d90_2018-02-0909_34_47.jpg.4de2b7ad1da1656d1dc4b94d3ab3f3ae.jpg

Three of the core minis with a Reaper mini for scale. The resin looks good, though it seems to be a bit on the fragile side for playing pieces. Still, the casting is pretty nice, it looks easy to trim, and there aren't a lot of pieces (most minis have one arm that needs attaching).

5a7dbdf70129f_2018-02-0909_30_24.jpg.f39035ad1176168cc4df250fdcab6dfb.jpg

The minion pieces. They are sturdy, bendable plastic very similar to bones.

5a7dbe47dca8d_2018-02-0909_24_24.jpg.051cea779231579a4d82904729ea67fa.jpg

Some of the KS stretch goal figures.

5a7dbeacf0587_2018-02-0909_17_02.jpg.b9b8da44e688b11549993e95735c8811.jpg

I picked up the final hero pack, plus Onigiri because I couldn't resist the Kill Bill mini.

So it ended up being a year and a bit late, but I'm still glad I backed, it's a good looking game plus some nice, paintable minis.

• Like 2