Sign in to follow this  
JDizzO

77185: Large Earth Elemental

A couple more firsts on this guy with the gems and the base.  And I had a lot of fun painting him.  Enjoy

edit:  So I have to admit I got a little exited playing with new toys last night and rushed the picture process.  But I just wasn't happy with how dark they turned out.  After another read through of the Miniatures Photography 101 I think I did a much better job today.  Now You can see all the detail good and bad!

img56ac183e69e34.jpg

img56ac185702bc5.jpg

Edited by JDizzO
  • Like 10

He looks great, I really like the blue and the orange gems.

Thank you, I wanted to get some better angles of the gems since I spent the most time on them.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Pingo
      These are two copies of the Reaper Bones Large Earth Elemental 77185, sculpted by Kevin Williams.

I saw someone, I can’t recall who, paint up, it might have been one of these, like cooling lava which I thought was lovely, so I wanted to give it a try. I painted the lava version very quickly, in a few sessions: A layer of butter-yellow intensified with yellow glazing, then laying on pure black paint rather thickly, then some washes of Quinacridone Magenta and some fiddling with that and yellow on the gems.

The rock version I painted v-e-r-y slowly, in many layers over time, often with whatever paint was left on my palette from other paintings. I’m not sure when I started it, but since I haven’t painted any minis at all for the last year, it’s been some time.

I thought it interesting how very different a sculpt can look depending on how you paint it.

• By PhantomAquarist
      Finished this a few days ago. One thing I have to say. I've looked at a lot of people's online before doing mine. And not to be rude but I don't like any of theirs. Nobody seemed to try and do a theme to the rocks that location wise made more sense for the fossilized dinosaur on its back. Lots of people made gems and all kinds of other things. You wouldn't find those things around fossil remains. So this was my attempt to have something more surreal and actually include the fossils better and since I collect museum quality fossils apart from painting minis. I've seen enough to try my hand at what it would look like more on an excavation site. :)

• By Londonrhino
      I am pretty new to the hobby having started painting in February. I finally worked up the courage to post one of my completed projects in the hopes of getting some feedback. So here is my painted Large Earth Elemental  from the Reaper Bones line. Any advise is very welcome as I would very much like to improve! Thanks!

• By Darcstaar
      I painted this large water elemental several months back to fill a gap in my water elemental supply.  It started out translucent blue, but I painted it opaque.  I haven't tried inking the transulcents like others have, I lack the inks, and feel I get good control with opaques.  I wanted a simple beach sand looking base, to suggest he has washed up on the beach to harass sunbathers.  C&C Welcome.

• By Darcstaar
      I painted this up quickly several months back, to swell the ranks of water elementals.  It was translucent blue, but I painted it opaque.  I feel I have more control that way, and don't have the spiffy inks everyone says work so well on the translucent BONES minis.
      C&C Welcome.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)