Sign in to follow this  
Mad Jack

Your favorite BAD movies...

I'm not sure I agree on Dragonslayer being a bad movie. We rented it expecting it to be something we could make fun of like the Deathstalker series or the Ator series, but were disappointed to find we actually enjoyed the movie as a movie rather than something to be mercilessly mocked.

The Beastmaster series is also good for mocking, as are a bunch of movies tangentially related to the afor mentioned Deathstalker by the fact that they all directly lift scenes from each other (this includes the Deathstalker remake Barbarian.)

I may make an actual list later.

• Like 1

there are just plain bad movies and s smaller portion that are bad but still fun to watch.  rocky horror is not a good movie, but it is fun to mock (especially live) and in some ways so bad that it is fun to watch anyway.

I have to bring up a movie from the 50's.  It was a reshoot of a movie with B actors that was bad.  One of the Mind bugs from Venus movies.  But they remade it with actors that would be booed off of a small town community theater production.  It was called "Zontar, Thing from Venus".

Freshman year of college I had a suite mate that would watch all the bad movies on Saturday.  At that time the local paper rated the pictures from A to D.  For all the school year this was the ratting. He called all of our suite mates together when on the Friday listing of TV for the week they listed this movie as F.  They overrated it. it deserved a Z.  I think this was the worst movie ever made.

Zontar was... strange. It was a remake of ANOTHER bad movie, "It Conquered The World," in which Lee Van Cleef is a scientist who brings a Venusian cucumber to Earth to stop us from destroying ourselves. It was a ridiculous cheap movie, made hilarious by the seriousness with which it was treated by a bunch of actors who would later become quite well known.

Zontar was an even lower budget remake, made without the talent. It falls into that category of films I regard as being like unto train wrecks... they're horrible and tragic, but fascinating... but a great many badfilm buffs swear by it.

Still a better and more watchable movie than Manos, The Hands Of Fate.

I can't sit thru Manos. I've tried. Even the MST3K version is an ordeal.

I can make it through the MST3K version, but only just.

Alright don't judge me, but since I was little I have loved cheesy slasher horror movies. I guess it is because I wasn't really allowed to see them so they felt like I was breaking the rules. Plus they had cute half naked girls, and the thrill of being "scared' (then. not now)... but I still love them...

Favorites:

* Halloween. 1 is the best. 2 was pretty good. 4 was good, 5 was ok... H20 was good. the sequal to H2o had Starbuch and Busta Rhymes in it. 6 had Paul Rudd... I did not like the remakes....

* Friday the 13th. I like pretty much all of them except 7 (psychic girl power) and 8 Jason takes Manhattan.... Loved Jason X though...

* Nightmare on elm street. pretty much all of them. Did not like the remake.  I do like Jason vs. Freddy

* Child's Play not my favorite on this list, but still good.

* Sleep away camp the first one has a shocking twist... the rest suck. But see the first one... FYI the whole movie is on Youtube for free... watching it as I type this...

Edited by Smokestack
  • Like 1

I rather liked the first couple Toxic Avenger movies. Troma Films is one of the few outfits that can know exactly how bad their film is, and it's still pretty entertaining.

I have loved every Troma film I have ever seen.  They're the modern day Ed Wood.  know that the film is cheap, the script makes no sense, and the actors are unknowns but they put their heart and soul into every second of film they shoot.

I can't sit thru Manos. I've tried. Even the MST3K version is an ordeal.

I can make it through the MST3K version, but only just.

They're actually Kickstarting a sequel to Manos. It will either be wonderfully terrible or terribly wonderful!

• Like 1

...why?

EDIT: And when we go back, nearly fifty years after that horrible movie was made... is that couple STILL going to be making out in the convertible on the side of the road? Or will we see their enmeshed skeletons in the front seat of the convertible?

(In the original, every time we cut back to the highway, there is a couple making out in a parked convertible. Even days later, when we cut back, that couple is still frantically making out...)

Edited by Dr.Bedlam

I have seen "Megaforce" (with Barry Bostwick) several times. I cannot watch it without bursting out laughing at least twice.

It is a thing of the Eighties, and has so not aged well. And it was a bad movie when it came out. But mighod, it is hilarious.