Your favorite Youtube channels

Willen

...and as the title says, and the forum we are in, channels that are great at giving us painting and modelling tips! 

What are your favorites?

A selection of mine:

Painting Buddha

Dr Faust's Painting Clinic

Terranscapes

The Terrain Tutor

And I am waiting for more videos from our own Kuro Cleanbrush

Share your recommendations!

• Like 12

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Zatcaskagoon for weathering and airbrush

Opn all kinds of tuts https://www.youtube.com/user/OrcPainterNerd

Dr cranky weathering etc
Mig ammo weathering etc
Girlpainter General
Lester bursely General
Adam wilder 16 part masterclass in weathering for free. Must watch https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE28djX8AusG1xCh8cvddg

Buypainted General
Paint of the gods General
I think wappellious had some good vids.

Edited by czebas
  • Like 3

Several that have already been mentioned, but because they deserve the exposure for being awesome I will say them again.

Painting:

Dr. Faust's Painting Clinic - I like the fact that he paints more than just miniatures, he also does scale model kits

SchnauzerFaceMinis - more than just airbrushing, never thought of using oil washes or crushed pastels to shade before finding this

oasisrising - she won a couple Crystal Brushes a few years ago, I just like seeing what she's painting here and there

Kris Belleau - he's a bit wacky, but if you cut through that he does have some good tips. He does the painting videos for the guys at Miniwargaming.com

GirlPainting - good tips to get you painting a respectable mini, leans more towards GW products

TemplarsCrusade01 - very much GW stuff, but has reviews of a lot of Vallejo products

Jay Adan - has some nice reviews, I was inspired by a tutorial on a cloaking effect for X-wing miniatures

Brush4Hire - a number of tutorials, tends to do more GW and Privateer Press products, but other brands are there

Den of Imagination - studio out of Poland, has a few tutorials and reviews. More "showcase" videos but still nice to look at

Epic Duck Studios - Mike used to do painting videos for MWG before Kris, not really a direct tutorial channel, but has videos of him painting. He did some Reaper Mouslings :)

ichibanpainting - they have some interesting tutorials, but nothing new in the past year or so

Sculpting:

Tom Mason - Tom sculpts for Megacon Games (Mercs and Myth), has some really nice tutorials.

Terrain:

theDMsCraft - good cheap D&D terrain and items

TheDMGinfo - similar to theDMsCraft, only Aussie!

terrainaholic - more "traditional" wargaming terrain, particularly like his Frostgrave stuff

Terrain Wench - more wargaming terrain, hasn't posted lately, but there are some gems there

- MvM

EDIT: 1/31/16, new additions in blue

Edited by ManvsMini
  • Like 3

Lots of good stuff that I've been missing!

Let me see if I can fill in czebas post with actual links:

Zatcaskagoon for weathering and airbrush --> This one? Only 3 vids so far.
Opn all kinds of tuts --> ??
Dr cranky weathering etc -> Doctor Cranky's Lab-RAT-ory is full of cool stuff as well, I agree!
Mig ammo weathering etc --> This one? (MIG Jimenez Channel where they demo their product)
Girlpainter General --> linky
Lester bursely General --> Probably Lester's AwesomePaintJob Channel, another one of my favs
Adam wilder 16 part masterclass in weathering for free. Must watch
Buypainted General --> Buypainted is full of Step-by-step tuts, including airbrushing the bases, very good stuff
Paint of the gods General --> I think he means "Colour of the Gods"
I think wappellious had some good vids. --> I think this is James Wappel's channel... long time without activity unfortunately.

Yeah I added links now. I did the post with my phone. It was going to be a little tedious going back and forth. I find myself going almost exclusively to my phone nowadays. But it makes somethings a little problematic. When they have phones that link to a virtual headset so that you can just do stuff in holograms in front of you like minority report. That will be something.

• Like 2

I'm really interested in channels other than English because over been searching for tuts inn other languages for years but Google translate seems to butcher my requests. And colloquial descriptions of painting techniques don't translate at all. There are Few quality Russian channels I've stumbled into but i didn't subscribe in time.

I'm really interested in channels other than English because over been searching for tuts inn other languages for years but Google translate seems to butcher my requests. And colloquial descriptions of painting techniques don't translate at all. There are Few quality Russian channels I've stumbled into but i didn't subscribe in time.

I can probably give you ideas on the Spanish-spoken channels, gimme me a minute...

Edit:

So

Edit 2: somewhat my edit eat up the text... will retry later since I closed all the windows  :down:

Edit 3: let's try again!

Eureka! Miniatures mentioned before is the channel of one of the best miniature blogs in Spanish right now IMHO.

Miniaturas y Wargames do a lot of unboxing and previews, but has some nice tuts as well.

Projectionniste is VERY nice resource, French channel, that has some videos of painting demos done in French cons. You will find Fernando Ruiz, Marion Ball and Rodrigo Chacón... and even a 1h24min painting skin video by Pepa Saavedra herself!

Edited by Willen