Sign in to follow this  
Sirithiliel

Miniature sized doors?

So we don't use elaborate set ups for our games, though we do draw out a room on a gaming mat and then populate the room with miniature furniture. One thing we are looking for is doors tjaybpreferably can open and close (and aren't extremely expensive)

Anyone have ideas?

Edited by Sirithiliel
  • Like 2

Old Heroquest doors turn up regurlarly on evilbay.

You get the open and closed kinds. basically card in a plastic base.

• Like 1

The doors in the Dragonlock system opens and closes.

You'll have to shell out for a 3D printer, though, or find a buddy with one.

Yes, I have 2, and no, I'm not your buddy...

The standard door is part of the basic set, so not terribly expensive(and you can make as many as you want)

Some slicers, or Netfabb can be used to cut off the part of the tiles you don't need if you want just the doorway and door blade.

Jordan Peacock posted a WIP of some mantic dungeon saga doors, but they seem like they're all closed. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66123-mantic-dungeon-saga-doors-furniture-wip/?hl=%2Bdungeon+%2Bsaga 

Alternatively I seem to remember Mage Knight dungeon having little plastic doors on hinges.

• Like 1

With the various Hirst Art molds you can make doors and doorways.  It wouldn't be too hard to cast up enough blocks to make several doorways, some open and some shut.  Then you just swap the freestanding doorway out for the appropriate version.

• Like 4

With the various Hirst Art molds you can make doors and doorways.  It wouldn't be too hard to cast up enough blocks to make several doorways, some open and some shut.  Then you just swap the freestanding doorway out for the appropriate version.

oooo interesting....

i was just curious XD we're really wanting to be able to show a open and closed door 

• Like 1

I just went to eBay and searched for 28mm doors.

Here are some company names to search for:

Legendary Realms

Red Dragon Gaming

Fenryll

and

4Ground.

Old Heroquest doors turn up regurlarly on evilbay.

You get the open and closed kinds. basically card in a plastic base.

Jordan Peacock posted a WIP of some mantic dungeon saga doors, but they seem like they're all closed. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/66123-mantic-dungeon-saga-doors-furniture-wip/?hl=%2Bdungeon+%2Bsaga 

Alternatively I seem to remember Mage Knight dungeon having little plastic doors on hinges.

I was going to suggest both of the above, as well.

• Like 1