Cute! I love that you painted the thing he's holding as a baby rather than a golden idol.

I never EVEN thought about painting the thing as a golden idol.

ROFL.

I just saw a "bamsa"... teddy bear/baby.

Its a great fun paint though.

• Like 5

I never thought I would get into these little figures... I was wrong.

ROFL.  They're too much fun!

It the silly realization of how small they really are that gets me.

Gives me a lot of respect for the sculptors of these things.

Plus, they are so dang cute..lol

It's a fun, tiny little figure, and you really brought him to life.

Looking at that, I thought maybe it had been supposed to be a golden idol as well, but you made it such a convincing (if cranky) mouse baby, I wasn't sure. 

Thinking about it, just how small is that thing in his arms anyway?

An enjoyable paint job.

• Like 1

UBERCOOL! Doc Jones & Associate are BEAUTIFULLY painted little characters. Your creation is charming, cute without getting sticky sweet about it. VERY WELL DONE!

It is getting more difficult to resist the Little Furry Folk...you're not helping the situation at all with these fun pieces.

• Like 1

Looking at that, I thought maybe it had been supposed to be a golden idol as well, but you made it such a convincing (if cranky) mouse baby, I wasn't sure. 

An enjoyable paint job.

I just used a clear ruler, and he is 5 mm in size.

I was doing eyes with a toothpick point !

He is fun though.

• Like 2

An enjoyable paint job.

I just used a clear ruler, and he is 5 mm in size.

I was doing eyes with a toothpick point !

He is fun though.

::o:

looks great jay... all of the comments above are well earned.  So I will add one more comment... the base!  You have come a long way and that is a convincing lava base if I ever saw one!   What a change from the ol' days of using the broccoli base the mini came with.  Now you are telling a story even on such a small mini.

:B):

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By lexomatic
      I had a burst of mini painting and finished a bunch of minis this month - my first time painting I think since December 2020?
      Terraincrate (WIP)
      Crystal Peaks Campsite

Peaceful Park

Monster (WIP)

Bones Pygmy Mammoth (WIP) with toddler

Nolzurs Treant (WIP)

Bones graveyard terrain (WIP)

Bones High Rollers (WIP)

Not all of these have been sealed, some have not had matte coats yet.
      The "fire" from the Crystal Peaks set got lost during priming.
      Links to come when not in my phone. Surprised myself with this.
    • By Kangaroorex
      Two dragons from 2 different times, done with the same colors.  Basically I had both of these on the table and I decided to just use the same palette for both

First up:  the Panther dragon from Ral Partha.  This guy is a long snakey one, his tail was very difficult to get to but overall fun to paint.  This mini just seems to ooze stealth as she slips round alleys and empty streets making people disappear.  This miniature has been sitting on my shelf for decades because I liked the art and the figure but I just didn't know what to do with it.  I finally just broke down and said I am going to paint this!

Then on the flip side is the Treasure Rocky.  This little tyke has acquired his first hoard and he is insanely protective  and proud.  
      And he should be.  I was looking at the reaper store and he and most of his pals are sold out, again!  These are just a joy to paint and I 
      love painting them.  they are just so entertaining and so full of character that no matter what color you add to them or what you put them in 
      they have to shine!

Hope you enjoy them!
    • By Cicciopiu
      Hello forum Family, gonna show you my version of D'Vandra Lukesia, the metal one. I had hard time with her (but this is part of the fun, isn't?), so many tiny details and her face is sooo tiny 
      In any case I managed to paint her and I'm happy of she came out! 
      About the palette I chose the colors on the fly, started with the yellow skirt and simply add colors at the moment I needed to paint a detail, like the amaranth scarf, or the blue bag, the green vial, and so on.
      I hope you like her too :)

Hi-res pics

• By Mckenna35
      Short Kickstarter from Bad Squiddo games for female Soviet troopers for WWII gaming.  Thiis expands their existing range and adds troops clad for winter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/badsquiddogames/women-of-ww2-soviet-russia-28mm-miniatures

Story
      Hello! This is a Kickstarter to increase our existing WW2 Soviets range. Already massively popular since the first wave launch of 2016, we decided it needs reinforcements! The miniatures are sculpted and master cast, so this project is to cover the funds of production moulds and the initial casts.

BORING BUT IMPORTANT TECHNICALS - The miniatures are 28mm scale and cast in extremely high quality white metal. Everything is single piece where possible. They come without bases supplied but with moulded on small puddle  bases (easy to chop off if you wish to). And of course -   they are compatible with the similar male miniatures from other manufacturers. They are supplied unpainted - so you can either paint them yourself or simply bring out the detail with an ink wash.

Shipping is charged in addition to your pledge, AFTER THE CAMPAIGN, scroll to the bottom for more information. Please don't add the shipping cost during the campaign. EU Customers be aware of additional import fees, more on that later too.
    • By golldan
      This is the Hill Giant from 77939. I have not finished the cat yet, so I only have the Giant here. I have been trying to add various colors (layers of color for one area/color) to my minis to make them more interesting. Following some of the painters here and other utubers and painters like Angel G. I used an Imperial Purple base for this entire mini and then did Troll Flesh as next base for skin and then built up reddish skin tones for skin and then went lighter tan. Hope you enjoy, I had fun painting him.

• Who's Online   14 Members, 1 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)