• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cute! I love that you painted the thing he's holding as a baby rather than a golden idol.

I never EVEN thought about painting the thing as a golden idol.

ROFL.

I just saw a "bamsa"... teddy bear/baby.

Its a great fun paint though.

• Like 5

I never thought I would get into these little figures... I was wrong.

ROFL.  They're too much fun!

It the silly realization of how small they really are that gets me.

Gives me a lot of respect for the sculptors of these things.

Plus, they are so dang cute..lol

It's a fun, tiny little figure, and you really brought him to life.

Looking at that, I thought maybe it had been supposed to be a golden idol as well, but you made it such a convincing (if cranky) mouse baby, I wasn't sure. 

Thinking about it, just how small is that thing in his arms anyway?

An enjoyable paint job.

• Like 1

UBERCOOL! Doc Jones & Associate are BEAUTIFULLY painted little characters. Your creation is charming, cute without getting sticky sweet about it. VERY WELL DONE!

It is getting more difficult to resist the Little Furry Folk...you're not helping the situation at all with these fun pieces.

• Like 1

Looking at that, I thought maybe it had been supposed to be a golden idol as well, but you made it such a convincing (if cranky) mouse baby, I wasn't sure. 

An enjoyable paint job.

I just used a clear ruler, and he is 5 mm in size.

I was doing eyes with a toothpick point !

He is fun though.

• Like 2

An enjoyable paint job.

I just used a clear ruler, and he is 5 mm in size.

I was doing eyes with a toothpick point !

He is fun though.

::o:

looks great jay... all of the comments above are well earned.  So I will add one more comment... the base!  You have come a long way and that is a convincing lava base if I ever saw one!   What a change from the ol' days of using the broccoli base the mini came with.  Now you are telling a story even on such a small mini.

:B):

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Jeronimus
      ... is how I start each session of my Curse of Strahd campaign, before recounting my player's disastrous choices and whatever wicked thing I threw at them last time as a result.

Although we play our game online and the campaign is drawing to a close, I decided to immortalise these characters in miniature form. I was planning to paint a Strahd for them to fight, but then, uhhh, while I was cutting the figure from the sprue, its head flew into the office and hasn't been seen since.

Of course, I should have known, he's a vampire, he can change shape and move through walls. I'll never find him.

But will this party be able to defeat him in our next session? Fingers crossed!

First off - the party's secretive and somewhat paranoid rogue who goes by "Hope". Out of a traumatic fear of magic users, she dislikes being healed and shaves her head to avoid anyone scrying on her. I decided to pick Serena, Dreadmere Rogue (03873) to represent her, opting for a cloak rather than a bald head.

Then, the party's warlock. Ira was an aspiring actor and playwright who made an arrangement with a local lawyer to benefit his career and learn a little bit of a magic. A whirlwind romance turned into a longterm relationship, but when his patron actually proposed to get married, Ira ran off on an adventure. Commitment issues, you know? But at least he has a magical book that allows him to communicate his regrets and learn new spells from his fiendish boyfriend...

I struggled a bit to find a figure that matched the "Victorian dandy" aesthetic. No staffs or wands, but no guns or playing cards either. I was in the dark a bit, so I decided to modify Drake Whiteraven (03599), using the book that comes with Khalib, Runelord Apprentice (60098), and fashioning a dagger out of bits. Not the best 'kitbash', but it does the job.

The party's druid is Mikal - a half-elf and the oldest member of the group. Though he started off as a loner and a hermit tending to nature, when strange creatures began emerging from sudden mist banks, he had to go take a closer look. Perhaps the real Curse of Strahd was the friends he made along the way.

This figure is Vodelis Winterhand (04009), who I believe was a freebie sometimes last year. I modified the staff to be a spear (a magical item found in Barovia!)

Finally, the party's cleric - Petrus. Many things in Barovia would challenge a man's faith, but Petrus has come out of it stronger and even more pious than before. 

This is not a Reaper figure, but a sculpt from Mierce Miniatures. The scale on this one was much finer and the figure itself was obviously shorter, sculpted with more realistic proportions. I decided to place him on a rock to make him appear taller, but of course, that only made him look like he was compensating for something. (He is.)
    • By kazmania7
      One of two I recently finished. A favorite oldie I just gotten around to painting, I've always luv Klocke's old work.

• By kazmania7
      One of two I recently finished.

• By Rickdraco
      I saw the Rocky miniatures, and with how cute they are I could not resist getting one to use as a dragon to send against my players. As such, here is my take on the Flying Rocky, as a juvenile Red Dragon!

Comments, criticisms and advice as ever more than welcome! 

• By kazmania7
      So "Ashlyn of the Red Rovers of Triboar," what's a ranger doing in these parts, the last thing we need is another lawman.

the red cloak is a very bright red I'm afraid my camera wont capture with the shading etc, u can't tell. I know a red cape is flashy but she's is a Red Rover and they specifically ask me to send Ashlyn right over....hehe childhood memories.

• Who's Online   33 Members, 3 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)