Sign in to follow this  
Sabith

D&D Collectors Series: Drow War Party

The minis themselves are UBERCOOL. The brushwork is TERRIFIC AND the bases are WONDERFULLY IMAGINATIVEOUTSTANDING WORK!

• Like 1

The Galeforce Nine D&D figures actually come with pre-cast resin bases.  I can't take any credit for them.  Actually, I take credit for gluing magnets to the bottom of them and smearing a bit of green stuff around the edge to make it look all seamless.  But that's about it.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Otyugh
      I ain't even gonna try to feed this beastie lemongrass...

Known for its deathgaze and horrific flatulence, it was universally feared by adventurers.

But, if some brave adventurers would gather milk, the local creameries would produce Death cheese.
      I was surfing through some posts and saw the catoplebas mentioned, so I thought that someone might enjoy seeing one.
    • By lazarp
      This is my version of a Games workshop Aragorn. I didn't want to paint him as Aragorn since I have two of these same minis so I decide to go for a purple skinned, white haired drow ranger.  I'm going to use him as a swordsman named Vigo in my Rangers of Shadowdeep games.
      This mini was a blast to paint, I like how the highlights turned out. Thanks for looking!

Unpainted mini:

• By Neptune1999
      This finally gave me something to use my larger Games Workshop skulls on. I may try to give his hair another highlight of something brighter, as it looks pretty dull at the moment. A fun evil mage that I hope to use as a boss battle one day.

• By Rigel
      A breezy, cool night in the high desert. Heat lightning crackles on the horizon. Gusts of wind bring the faintest scent of far-off rains.
      The full moon illuminates a strange crater in the parched earth. Was that there yesterday?

All at once, a rumble. The earth quivers and vibrates. Grains of sand begin to dance about near the lip of the hole; then, pebbles. 

A frenzied writhing that sets the land in tumult! A great roar, the sound of it almost a solid thing, impossibly basso. Again, and again. There is a faint reply on the desert wind: an echo? or another of the unfathomably great burrowers beneath? It's hard for you to tell, but eventually the titanic bulk subsides and the desert is quiet once more, save for a faint shifting of sand and a ripple on the dunes heading for the horizon.

This was an old project I never posted; painted back when washes were almost all the paints I had. A great sculpt, dynamic and expressive. The purples are alternating layers of midnight blue and a sort of pinkish red. I should go back and add some razzamatazz to that belly, now I'm seeing the big photographs. 

While a lot of people think purple worms are D&D cribbing Frank Herbert's sandworms as it did Margaret St. Clair and John Wyndham's fungal underdarks and dark elves--and they ARE pretty rad--I'm convinced that the genesis of both was far earlier, in a 1929 David Henry Keller short from "Amazing Stories." It's called, appropriately enough, "The Worm," and is worth the few minutes of your time to track down and read.
      Come to think of it, this story might have also partly inspired Ray Bradbury's "The Fog Horn," though the tone of that story is much more wistful and melancholy and less increasing dread. And without THAT, and another tonal shift, monster movies and kaiju movies might have been very different indeed.  
    • By Mutilatedlips
      Lots of fun to paint. Nothing to glue. Fun, fun, fun!
      I love painting dark elves. I tried a little more modern skin tone this time. The previous ones I painted I gave them more of an old school look with some light purple to their skin.

• Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)