D&D Collectors Series: Drow War Party

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Galeforce Nine D&D figures actually come with pre-cast resin bases.  I can't take any credit for them.  Actually, I take credit for gluing magnets to the bottom of them and smearing a bit of green stuff around the edge to make it look all seamless.  But that's about it.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By strawhat
      A day in the Marine Corps is like a day on the farm!  Every meal is a banquet.  Every paycheck a forture.  Every formation a parade!  I love the corps.

So, I've been hitting these a little at a time since the game was released.  I haven't played the game (as I mostly want to recreate the old Leading Edge Games game), but I'm sure I will eventually.

On with the show:

These are from images I posted over in Off Topic.  I just realized last night that I'd finished (or nearly so) over half the box!

The eggs and facehuggers were done in batches.  I could have done them all the same, but I wanted there to be slight differences.  I wasn't able to find a lot of information on the actual prop eggs used, so I kind of winged it based on what others were doing.  The eggs were Forest Green, Grass Green, and Jade Green--according to my notes.  I think that I started with Pure Black on the bases and drybrushed the Forest Green and Grass Green.

The fleshy bits were done in Golden Shadow, Golden Skin, and Golden Highlight for three closed and one open egg and one facehugger.

The other set of eggs and facehugger were done with Tanned Skin, Tanned Highlight, and Fair Shadow.

I am finding that I'm starting with a triad and then "bumping" it up (or down) to keep the colors "together" but add some variety.

The first batch of crates are Stormy Grey, Cloudy Grey, and Misty Grey. 

Second batch of crates is Chestnut Gold, Palamino Gold, and Buckskin Pale.  I am really pleased with the dirty look they have.  The sealer was still drying on them, so they were still on the caps when I took the picture.

The Weyland-Yutani logo is Pure White and Sunlight Yellow over Pure Black.

Still six crates to go (2 will be red, 4 in blue or green).  I've already made up some sort of weird rules to allow me to justify using multiple (non-grey) colors, also six computer terminals, and two sentry guns.  Those have already been started, so will be quick to finish (hopefully).  I've seen some folks do some great things with the terminal screens, but that won't be me.  
    • By kazmania7
      Here she is from my wip thread.....yep a DROW......

• By kazmania7
      On her I wanted to see how far I could lighten my drow skin with it still looking like a drow, don't know if I succeeded or not. I do know I picked the wrong model think yea alot of skin showing but after I did the skin and took a look at the armor I was at a complete lost on how to proceed.

• By kazmania7
      This one I just finished this morning...u guessed it....     a drow.

• By kazmania7
      Don't say it....   Drow, ugh.

• Who's Online   25 Members, 0 Anonymous, 22 Guests (See full list)