2016 Spring Exchange - Chatter Thread

fanguad

Whee! I actually got some stuff done the last 2 days! Spoilers, as always:

I talked to the awesome Corporea and she told me about blacklining! I have no idea if I'm doing it right, but it certainly solves my need to make this look cartoony to match the show! I know I've colored it all out of order (need to finish the face and skin first), but I was so excited to see how it's coming along, haha!

vNZ3tAAm.jpgFKOEc6pm.jpg

F9JS2Wrm.jpgiELlp9Tm.jpg

I have such an extreme need to do an all-out fire theme after doing that hair! I want to paint a mini with that kind of blending everywhere so I can work on my shadows and stuff. I kept it pretty bright for cartoony purposes here, but it was so difficult to stop myself at this point haha.

My blacklining looks really sloppy (orange takes so many layers!!), but I was happy with the lips. I mixed the teeniest bit of red with the skin color, so it looks like a very faint lip color. :D

Also, any tips for the highlight of the eye? A single haired brush? :lol: I keep messing it up, so she doesn't have one at the moment.

:wub:

• Like 2

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I talked to the awesome Corporea and she told me about blacklining! I have no idea if I'm doing it right, but it certainly solves my need to make this look cartoony to match the show! I know I've colored it all out of order (need to finish the face and skin first), but I was so excited to see how it's coming along, haha!

vNZ3tAAm.jpgFKOEc6pm.jpg

F9JS2Wrm.jpgiELlp9Tm.jpg

I have such an extreme need to do an all-out fire theme after doing that hair! I want to paint a mini with that kind of blending everywhere so I can work on my shadows and stuff. I kept it pretty bright for cartoony purposes here, but it was so difficult to stop myself at this point haha.

My blacklining looks really sloppy (orange takes so many layers!!), but I was happy with the lips. I mixed the teeniest bit of red with the skin color, so it looks like a very faint lip color. :D

Also, any tips for the highlight of the eye? A single haired brush? :lol: I keep messing it up, so she doesn't have one at the moment.

It is looking great! Her hair is lovely and her face is very pretty. If you are having trouble with your highlight "dot", practice it on something else. Do not thin your paint. I use my regular brush (well my size 1) for doing the eyes. A smaller brush tends to have the paint dry before it makes it to the mini. Just do dots on something else until you have it down. She is looking great!

• Like 3

vNZ3tAAm.jpgFKOEc6pm.jpg

F9JS2Wrm.jpgiELlp9Tm.jpg

:wub:

She looks fantastic Mori! That hair is gorgeous!

• Like 1