2016 Spring Exchange - Chatter Thread

fanguad

I was just about to call this done, but I see one little spot that I missed.  Anyway, the plan is still to take pics today and then start the sealing process.  Shipping to follow in a day or two.

EDIT: Missed spot now has paint and pics have been snapped.

• Like 8

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

okay mailed it the first one out today. 

My partner requested a surprise so the tracking number is just not that useful.

It does have a certain resemblance to the undead giant I posted on April 1st, but is a bit smaller. 

My second exchange gift is still in progress, but I finished a freehand bit yesterday, and am really happy with it so far. 

• Like 4

Still needing to convince myself that I can let my creation go to its new owner. ::P: I should have it out tomorrow. 

I did receive a wonderful forest diorama from Minibart today!  Pics later but its a ranger scene in a forest all bundled up in a large Christmas ornament ball.  it really is cool!

• Like 9

Ahhh!!! I can't wait to see that! :wub: I bought a bunch of ornaments last Christmas for precisely that - ornaments and snow globes!

Bonus mini-mini was primed, if I have time tonight I'll be painting that and putting the final touches on the main Reaper mini ^_^

My second job is taking all my time from Thursday-Sunday, so my plans are:

- This weekend: Sneak some time in to clear coat

- Tues: Basing

- Wed: Pack it up

- Friday morning: Send it out between shifts!

I started as soon as I got the name, and I'm just barely making it, even though I wanted to be done early. I've been so busy... >_>

• Like 5

Well, my "progress" last night can really only be described as a "monumental failure", which made quite a mess of my desk and catapulted me straight into the "No, I really can't do this!" phase.

But I've cleaned up, thankfully the base itself wasn't ruined, and this morning have cautiously moved into the "Maybe?" phase, and tried again. I really hope this works, because I think it looks pretty cool sitting there drying right now...

• Like 4

My package is in the mail.  Since my partner requested a surprise I did not send you the tracking information, but fanguad has it. If you are reading this and requested a surprise, but live in an area where packages walk off or you went out of town on business and forgot to set things up with your post office, you now know where to get your tracking number. 

• Like 3

Slowly making progress on mine.  Deadline is getting pretty close for where I am, but still aiming for it.  Unfortunately a bunch of real life has been intruding into my "get stuff done" time. And I need to remember to "paint first and then eat" at lunch, as the reverse ends up with sleepy Jasper who doesn't feel like painting.  Stupid sugars.  :angry:

But I'm pretty happy with what I've got done so far, and I'm learning some new stuff, so all good.

I should really start planning the base though...

• Like 3

Tracking on project 1 says it was delivered. 

- not posting it is killing me.  but I will wait until the recipient says it is in hand. 

Project 2 is complete, unless I find stuff to fix.  I will ship it out by Monday at the latest, 

I hate to see the second one go.  It is my first completed diorama, I would enter it into competition if there was one handy even though It is by no means perfect.  Hopefully I learned enough that my second one will be even better.

These exchanges really get me to stretch myself.     

Edited by Evilhalfling
  • Like 5

I decided to schedule a painting crunch session this weekend.  I had planned on my extra day off last week to do that.  Only family decided to come in for the weekend and that ruined that plan.  So while I have no extra day off this weekend, I have scheduled paint time for this weekend from when I get off work Saturday through Sunday.  So assuming I can keep myself from getting distracted (way to easy for me), I hoping to get most of the work for my exchange done. 

• Like 2