2016 Spring Exchange - Chatter Thread

fanguad

Pretty sure I'm going to be a few days late.  I've gotten (I hope) past the hard parts and making good progress, but can't see it being done by Friday.  I'd rather take a couple extra days to get it as perfect as I can.  

Unless life or my health throws me another curve ball I expect sometime next week it will be sent.

• Like 1

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, fun story. Today I was sitting there, hard at work painting my exchange mini (and others) and my cat decided I wasn't paying enough attention to her. Now, this is the usual state of affairs, but I guess she was still mad at me for cleaning her ears or something, because she stretched up, dug her claws into my leg, jumped onto my lap, jostling my arms, then leapt off the other side when I yelled in agony, again digging her claws into my legs as she tried to make good her escape.

What was in my hands at the time? You'll never have guessed it, but not my exchange mini. No, it was sitting on the desk, in the path of the paint that got squirted the first time that little brat clawed me.

So yeah, due to the large squirt of paint on the mini, I'm gonna be late. I mean, I suppose I could do a post modern I-don't-know-how-to-paint-so-I-just-throw-paint-around thing with it, but I don't think that'll suit. Maybe another time.

Anyone want a cat? She's pretty sweet sometimes <_<

• Like 5

Ack, the work weekend's here and I still haven't figured out how to base this :down: I was just going to make a circle out of plasticard and plop them on there, but I forgot that minis have have that bar below them, and chopping it off leaves very little gluing room on the feet D:

aaaahhhhhhh

They're sealed and done though, except for that part.

Edited by Morihalda

Planned on finishing up yesterday but woke up with a migraine so painting did not happen. So I will be late as even if I finish tonight with letting the sealer dry and packing it up, I will not get to the Post Office in time. I am now aiming to ship out on Tuesday.

Ack, the work weekend's here and I still haven't figured out how to base this :down: I was just going to make a circle out of plasticard and plop them on there, but I forgot that minis have have that bar below them, and chopping it off leaves very little gluing room on the feet D:

aaaahhhhhhh

Could see if your partner minds basing them. Some people might not. I know I would not mind as I have plenty of materials and more coming soon.

• Like 1

aaaahhhhhhh

Could see if your partner minds basing them. Some people might not. I know I would not mind as I have plenty of materials and more coming soon.

Thanks ::): I bugged ub3r and he was able to give me a few pointers, so hopefully I'll be able to create the base and send it out asap!

I will be a couple days late - I want to make sure the base is fully dry before sending!

• Like 1

My mother just texted me that I have a package in from Indiana that I assume is from my exchange partner. I'm not going to be able to drive out to pick it up at least until tomorrow, possibly even Saturday, but wanted to hopefully give the sender some relief in knowing that it arrived.

• Like 5