2016 Spring Exchange - Chatter Thread

fanguad

Two things:

1. Siri mini received! I love it to death and will likely frame the sketch that was included! Pics to come later.
  2. I have not completed my mini and will be waiting for Friday before I can make progress. Luckily I have a four day weekend next weekend if needed. Sorry partner! 
  • Like 3

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two things:

1. Siri mini received! I love it to death and will likely frame the sketch that was included! Pics to come later.
  2. I have not completed my mini and will be waiting for Friday before I can make progress. Luckily I have a four day weekend next weekend if needed. Sorry partner! 

i'm so glad you like it ^^

• Like 3

Two things:

i'm so glad you like it ^^

I love it! My players will likely hate it, but I resisted showing them the mini during today's session due to hoping to using it game soon as a surprise to everyone!

• Like 2

So I wasn't feeling well over the weekend and didn't make the drive out to my parents' house. I wish I could get packages shipped directly to me, but I've had far too many stolen from my apartment, and if things were to arrive at my work address, no one would be here on the weekend to receive it, so it's just the safest bet to have things shipped there since someone's always home to receive it. I'm still not feeling well today, but I didn't want my partner to have to wait any longer for me to 100% confirm that I'd received their package, so I asked my mother to open it and take pics for me. After seeing the pics, I absolutely can't wait to have it in hand!

Thank you so much, Kangaroorex! I love it! :wub: :wub: :wub:
From his note to me: "The burrowing horror has been sitting on my desk for a while looking for a reason to paint it, I think you were that reason."
I agree! :wub: 
"The gnome on his tongue had the misfortune to have a small knife that exactly fit into a gap between the horrors teeth and became lunch."
Such good luck for the darling horror! :wub:
I love this mini, I love what you did with it, and my mother commends you on your fine bubble wrapping!

qbC6Iad.jpg

More pics behind the spoiler! Of course, please feel free to put up more/better pics in a show off thread, Kangaroorex!

CQuXwi4.jpg
D0w7vQc.jpg
Fd8hgCj.jpg
DWLO9VZ.jpg

• Like 8

Terrific!  I am glad it made it safety and that you like it.   I thought it made pretty perfect match.  It was a fun paint job and the poor gnome (Stonehaven ninja gnome) happened to fall into place as I was piecing things together.  She was originally going to stand her ground against the beast but this fit better.

I will post pics in show off, but I am glad you like it.

Show off posted!

Edited by Kangaroorex
  • Like 4

That's awesome!

My mini is completed and was going to be sent out today, but I'd have to kayak to the post office.... So hopefully she'll be sent out tomorrow!

Quick question though - If I painted the flock on the base, it would need to be sealed, right? I tested it on a scrap base and the flock isn't soft anymore :down: Is that just the tradeoff?

• Like 2

Got a terrific package from CoolAliashere, an Eyebeast and a dwarf with a hammer.  He tried the color scheme I suggested, but didn't like how it came out, so sent two great figures instead of one he wasn't happy with.  Great decision, as these are awesome.  It will take me a day or two to get pictures organized, so post pictures if you have them handy. 

Where is the dwarf from btw?

The Beholder may show up in my next game, but the players will probably hate me for it.  Fighting a beholder is like Russian Roulette, somebody is going to take a hit.  I have used 3 and seen 2 more and everytime it was fought, in every edition  (1st, 3rd ,3.5 4th x2) the beholder killed one party member before dying.  The only exception was where the party backed off and tunneled around its layer rather than fight.  I am calling that one a win. 

• Like 6

Evilhalfling  -- The dwarf is a Reaper Legends piece, I think the site said its been out of production since 2006.  (02236: Sturm Jagstone by Sandra Garrity).  He was painted a couple months ago as part of a FrostGrave idea, and then was turned into a character that I played in Pathfinder.  The character has since acquired new armor, so I painted another one to represent him on the table.  I have a little over 200 unpainted minis (metal) and about 1/2 that in bones.  I am limited on time, so I paint when I can.  Usually just a couple of hours a night.

I'm glad you like them both.  The Eyebeast was painted specifically for you.  I used the idea of the color pallet I had attempted with a previous piece (which by the way I am still trying to figure out).  I am still learning in this hobby, and I have to say I love doing it.  Thanks for the opportunity to paint for you, and thanks for understanding my limited skill set.

CAH

• Like 2