Tesseract Dice (D6 and polyhedral Science Dice)

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

About this project

My name is David Franklin. I am an inventor, an artist, a dreamer and a friend to all.

Kickstarter and I have a lot in common. We all have a great love of science and games, and Kickstarter was a great way to share my love with the world. I was originally inspired to create the "Tesseract Dice", my first Kickstarter project, which featured dice shaped like a Tesseract (a 4 Dimensional cube) painted to resemble scientific phenomena.

e4e213fc6cc12fb216ff232eacaaad51_origina

After a succesful campaign, raising over 10x the original amount, it was requested of me to launch another campaign with polyhedral dice like d20's, d12's and d4's.  So here we are! Back with new dice, as well as the originals, this time 3D printed in a powder printer, making them stronger and heavier.

a5e766c7a18df9f5413ab586bb2cc8c4_origina

We also are back with Polyhedral dice- but you will notice they are not shaped like tesseracts nor are they shaped like the traditional polyhedral dice. This is for 2 reasons. 

1) Standard d20's and other shapes are patented. I didn't know you could lay claim to geometric shapes, but so be it... and

2) Where is the fun in the normal? In Role Playing and other games, we seek to thinkoutside the box, to adventure and to exploreScience is not much different. Therefore, all of the dice borrow a hybrid dice / dreidel shape that allows them to be rolled or spun for maximum damage. Outside of that, they are modeled to represent their individual phenomena or inventors.

Original Series (D6):

ee2a8b7b37ddd42d2031e90f995a01a8_originaOriginal D6 Tesseract Dice, each styled after their respective scientific phenomena

Polyhedral - Phenomena Series:

All of these paint styles are from the original Tesseract Dice campaign, but have been re-imagined to fit the different styles of dice!

7873322ad83c01af3d3fb78cda4ede1b_origina

The Inventor Series:

Not only is invention and their inventors close to my heart, but they were one of the most popular styles in the last campaign (Tesla Coil / Edison Bulb) so I was inspired to expand the Inventor Series! 

f71f99b53e2f1f49dee335ca58efc06e_origina

If you want to read more about the science and inspiration for these dice, keep scrolling until you see the chemistry beaker!

If you want to see even more footage of the dice - look no further!

Without considering the fact that you can't patent right-regular polyhedra per se, US patent duration is 20 years from filing or 17 years from issue and d20s have been around rather longer than 20 years. (As have dice based on the other Platonic solids.) It might be possible to patent some specific variation of an icosahedron with numbers, but the obvious choices are open for anyone.

Pretty dice, though, if a bit impractical.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Grumpy Gnome
      Another “large collection of miniatures” kickstarters, reminiscent of the recent Blacklist Games Fantasy kickstarters.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nextlevelminiatures/next-level-miniatures-dragons-hoard-miniatures-vol-1/

I am tempted, even though it covers a lot of things we already have.

• By Cranky Dog
      Right on the heels of their last shipped campaign, Midlam Miniatures is back. After several years of halflings, the gnomes are back!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1662635043/gnomes-a-class-of-their-own

Also available in different pledge combos, two of the older campaigns:

I already own this one from 2018 (Common - Garden Gnomes):

Royal Court of the Common (Garden) Gnomes (2019):

• By Inarah
      "5e campaign setting featuring new awakened animals as playable species, new classes, new subclasses and a host of one-shot ideas"

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/russrmc/animal-adventures-the-faraway-sea

Launching July 20th. 
    • By Inarah
      Introducing the Ganorn, a full squad of 10 traditionally-sculpted resin miniatures in 28-32mm scale. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/32mmscifidinos/32mm-resin-sci-fi-dinosaurs-introducing-the-ganorn?

• By Marvin
      Pixies, Wyrms, Demonicity – Three Mini Role-Playing Games

Three ready-for-adventure mini-game boxed sets for your RPG game night, featuring the Tri-Stat System used in BESM Fourth Edition RPG.

If you're looking for role-playing games that are concise enough to crack open and start playing right away, yet sufficiently robust and evocative to support longer campaign play as well, you've come to the right place.

Welcome to the Kickstarter for the first three Tri-Stat System Mini-Game Boxed Sets – a new line of compact and complete role-playing adventure games that are compatible with Dyskami Publishing's flagship BESM Fourth Edition anime and manga RPG. Tri-Stat System creator Mark MacKinnon has distilled and customised the complete system into distinct streamlined versions for each of the three adventure games – targeting their specific genres and background settings in easy-to-understand boxed sets.

Pixies, Wyrms, and Demonicity – it's time for your next great role-playing adventure!

Pixies, Wyrms, and Demonicity – These boxed set RPGs are games of adventure, exploration, battle, heroism, romance, and imagination. Yet unlike in a traditional board game, the possibilities for exploration and action in these role-playing game are endless.

Each of the three role-playing adventure games contains the following components:

a 32-page full-colour rulebook that gives your group everything you need to play, with sections on character abilities, magical spells/paranormal powers, weapons and equipment, enemy encounters, items and equipment, and guidelines for integrating the Tri-Stat System game with the compatible BESM Fourth Edition RPG
      6 brief story scenarios so you can start playing adventures right away
      6 pre-generated player character sheet handouts, with game stats and illustration
      4 custom-etched dice specific to that boxed set

You can pledge for one, two, or all three of these boxed sets during the Kickstarter.

I know know nothing about these creators or the system, but I decided to back for Pixies entirely because of that picture of the corgi. 👀
  • Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)