• Optionally enter a message with your report.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By 72moonglum
      Good morning everybody and Happy New Year!

So I actually had these painted since the very beginning of the year, but had to go out of town and couldn't get their bases finished until I got back.  So here are my first miniatures completed for 2020, four lizard men that Julie Guthrie sculpted for Ral Partha if I recall correctly in 1982-1983 with her series All Things Dark and Dangerous.  I've always really loved these figures and have had them on my pending list of stuff to paint, but finally got around to really painting them.  I painted each one in a different color because I wanted a bit of variety.  They did all start of though being covered by a good layer of Creamy Ivory (Reaper) and then I did washes on all that, and then afterwards chose the actual color and kept going.

Anyhow, hope you guys like these guys!

• By Kangaroorex
      This is the second of my dropfleet starter sets.  The fleet represents the United Colonies of Man (UCM).  After humanity was chased off the planet earth and forced to scatter to its colonies to lick their wounds, the colonies united and formed an armada to take back the home planet.  These ships are the final gasp of mankind to keep from becoming nests for a truly invasive species.  the game itself is a little different from Most because battles are fought in nearspace around planets.  The map is a planet viewed from low earth orbit  and the ships can move from high to middle and low orbits, each having an effect on the ship speed and who can attack what.  The game itself is pretty fast, a starter fleet battle will resolve in about an hour for us on the rare occasions when i get to play and the sides are pretty evenly matched although they have very different play styles.  TTcombat took over the license this year and saved the game from fading away and have put quite a bit of effort into new miniatures and rewriting the rules to fix problems and make the dropfleet game compatible with its companion game Dropzone.  now you can run a companion game allowing the two games to interact on a limited basis which, i think adds a lot to both sides, if you can find that many players...

I decided to takes some liberties with these vessels.  i wanted each ship to be distinctive and easy to spot on the game board so the grid pattern built into the armor of the ship, which is usually blacked out, i lined in white and then traced over with various florescent colors from Scale 75.  The effect was not quite what I was after but it's still pretty good and certainly usable on the field of battle.  The ships are a starter set of 3 crusiers (2 heavy 1 light) and 4 frigates.  The base color is black with a midnight blue ghost tint and then highlighted with white and flouresents

Hope you enjoy them!  I certainly enjoyed painting them!

• By Kangaroorex
      Time to get the year started with a little space adventure!  It took me about a week of spare time to get this fleet assembled and painted.  Space ships are one of the few miniatures i find where less is more and although they look intensely detailed, there really isnt that much to work with.

This is an enjoyable game that I wish i had the opportunity to play more often but, time being what it is, i am limited in what i am willing to teach people to do and I get tired of always having to explain the rules.  Anyway, the Scourge are a bunch of nasty alien body snatchers who have invaded earth, forcing the remanents of humanity to go hide in the colony worlds to rebuild for the re-invasion of earth.  They also have some of the coolest ships!  These were done mainly with airbrush work except for some of the lights and engine fire.  I started with the badger metal colored primer and then sprayed the front with plasma fluid ghost tint and the back with blue ghost tint winding up with a really wonderful color shift across the minis.  The last piece is a leftover Aquan dreadnought from a game called Firestorm Armada I used a slightly different color profile so it would blend with both this game and the original firestorm fleet (okay i have a soft spot for spaceships.  I just wish the games would play half as cool as they look!)  This is basically a starter fleet consisting of three versions of the Cruiser class and 4 Frigates.  That and as I said, the dreadnought for good measure!

Thanks for looking!

• By FirstLevelFighter
      Hello, all!

I'm planning to paint Ma'al Drakar as Dungeons & Dragons' Dark Lady, Tiamat.

She's going to be, by far, my biggest painting project. Before I start painting, I'm planning some conversions to make her look more like D&D's Chromatic Dragon.

I'd love to get any advice or tips that anyone would like to share about painting large models, or any of the other parts of the process. I'll share my plans, and try to keep up a WIP thread about this grand adventure.

My first step is going to be pretty drastic, so if anyone wants to jump in with advice, please do.

I have WotC's Gargantuan Black Dragon. The forward-sweeping horns are so iconic, my Tiamat's black dragon head (Ma'al's lower right head) should have horns like that. The Gargantuan Black's a perfect scale to use for Tiamat's horns. I'm actually planning to carefully cut the horns off the black dragon, make a 2-part mold, cast a set of horns for Tiamat, and reattach the horns back on the black dragon.

Am I out of my mind? Does any one see potential problems with this plan, other than the usual challenges of casting minis, etc?

Thanks in advance for any advice, feedback, and encouragement! 
    • By 72moonglum
      So as the year comes to a close, this is my last miniature of 2019.    I thought my figure from a few days ago would be the last but I got lucky enough to have  time to squeeze one more in!

This one is a Dennis Mize figure from who knows what year, but pretty old, and she was sitting on my desk for months already primed and ready to go. Somehow the inspiration took me and I started working on her a few days ago, and in delightful old class Partha form, her lack of additional dingly dangly items on her person made her a pretty quick paint job, just herself, her armor, shield, weapon and a belt.  So got her done a few nights ago, got the base done last night.

With this gal, one of my issues (as always )was what I was going to put on her shield, because I never know what to do, but in a moment of inspiration it occurred to me that she could use an enchanted shield to make up for her limited visibility due to her poked out eyeball that would have been under that patch.  So I made the the opposite eye open on her shield and voila, I've solved her limited vision issue!

So my total for 2019 was 60 miniatures, the majority Partha, but a smattering of Reaper as well.  Did two Thunderbolt Mountain minis as well.

Anyhoos,  Happy 2020 everybody and we'll certainly speak next year with all next year with new miniatures to share!

Mark

• Who's Online   31 Members, 1 Anonymous, 33 Guests (See full list)