Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Glitterwolf
      Another recruit for my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon Army.
      This is a Centaur I painted as a Oni ( demon) with a fire tail.
      Hope you guys like it.
      Acquired from @Jasper_the_2nd thanks again!
      It's a Clan War mini.

• By Glitterwolf
      Another Clan Wars mini I got from @Jasper_the_2nd for my Nippon, Land of the Rising Moon project.

This time an ONI OGRE.

WIP HERE:
      http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/79416-nippon-land-of-the-rising-moon-by-glitterwolf/

When asked for their allegiance the Oni joined forces with the murdered Toda Clan and the last survivors.
      Due to the family ties they swore to annihilate the Kenmu Clan for their foul deeds.
      In battle these Oni terrified the enemy, larger than men and wielding huge weapons they cut their way through the Kenmu ranks.

• By GodOfCheese
      "Remember that just because I'm blue does not mean I'm made of water. All that squashing of adventurers into Tiny bits can definitely bring out one's thirst. That's why I drink Ogre-Aid(tm) from my shot glasses made from the skulls of my enemies! It slakes my thirst and restores electrolytes, but without all those nasty carbs.  Do you think I got this ripped drinking colas?"  :-)

• By Pingo
      So I realized I only had one painted dwarf (!) when one of my GMs asked me if I had anything for the Jadeborn, a race in Exalted that is roughly equivalent to dwarves except for the 0.001% who are roughly equivalent to elves. And they are also sort of stone golems. Based on jade.

I thought Reaper's 60184: Meyanda, Android Priestess, sculpted by Bobby Jackson, would do well for one of the elfy artisan Jadeborn and I pulled out a random assortment of seven (because of course) dwarves for the worker and warrior Jadeborn.

All paints used are Golden Matte Fluid Acrylics. Color mixes are (usually) noted, but not exact ratios.

Questions are welcomed and I will try to answer them. Critiques are appreciated.

This is the way I usually start miniature figures: Lightly primed with Titanium White, then when that is dry, washing it over with Burnt Umber. Burnt Umber is a dark, transparent pigment that settles into crannies when thinned down and shows the details very well. It also gives a nice warm undertone to later paint layers.

I left a few crystal and gem areas white so they will have more luminosity later.

Left to right:
      Reaper 60184, Meyanda Android Priestess; Ral Partha; Hasslefree HFD014 Hatherley; Oathsworn Miniatures; Oathsworn Miniatures; Red Box Games; Stonehaven Miniatures; Reaper 14143: Kara Foehunter, Dwarf Hero

Details:

The Ral Partha dwarf is tiny!

• By CoolAliasHere
      So, last night, I had a particularly bad night at work.  As I am trying to be more health concsious, I came home and sat at my desk.  Instead of downing a 1/2 a bottle of bourbon, I opted to spend the next 2 1/2 hours painting this while trying to clear my head.  It worked.  He's not Reaper.  He is an Oni from the Massive Darkness board game.  I drew heavily from World of WarCraft on this one.  For those of you that have played it, I felt the model greatly resembled a Troll.

The paints are all Bones MSP, and some washes from GW.  Overall, for a piece I just wanted to get done, I think he came out pretty well.  I didn't even start him until after midnight, and I wrapped him around 2:45am or 3am.  By that point I was exhausted, and wasn't really concerned with anything but finding my way to bed.

CAH

• Who's Online   34 Members, 1 Anonymous, 89 Guests (See full list)