Sign in to follow this  
Adrift

Dwarven Warcaptain vs. the Goblins

This is awesome !
I love how you re-purposed the torch-bearing goblin as trying to dismount Ursula.
The concept and execution are phenomenal.

• Like 1

I love it!  A great scene that tells the story w/o the need for prompts.  

That's what I was hoping to achieve! My buddy at work still thinks the goblins are dead meat.

This is awesome !

I love how you re-purposed the torch-bearing goblin as trying to dismount Ursula.

The concept and execution are phenomenal.

Thanks! One idea sort of cascaded against the next and the whole thing came together. It was a lot of fun!

• Like 2

That is a WONDERFUL narrative vignette, BEAUTIFULLY staged, crafted, & painted. VERY WELL DONE!

...One idea sort of cascaded against the next and the whole thing came together. It was a lot of fun!

...the best stories are the ones that tell themselves. This one played out SPLENDIDLY.

• Like 1

Very nice! I've ordered Thorvald the dwarf bear rider and plan on painting him up as soon as I get him and assemble him, so I'm pretty much just looking at all the images of painted bear minis.

• Like 1

OO! This is FANTASTIC!

Love the scene, Aaron. You really did an exceptional job of telling a little story on this and the sense of action is amazing!!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By JudgeSamson
      Here is my Owlbear promo from Bones Black.  It was a lot of fun to paint!  As an aside, does anyone know if this can still be purchased through Reaper?  I can't find it on the site anymore... :(

• By Maledrakh
      Delving into the Bones 4 core set, we start by pulling out the 24 bonus goblins that originally were in the Bones 3 core set. And add to them the 12 that I have from the previous kickstarter for a grand total of 36 goblins, 6 each of 6 different sculpts. I actually think I should have a few more of these, as one of the ones I got in the Bones 3 shipment was missing a part, and Reaper sent me a whole pack as a replacement. I wonder where I have put the originals?

These are a bit thinner and more weedy sculpts than the Bones 1 and 2 goblins (Reaper makes a lot of Goblins, obviously they sell well), but as such they should fit well with my existing Lord of the Rings Moria Goblin army I am slowly growing for Kings of War.  I have based them on my 3D printed 20mm round bases, the Bones 3 ones have a slightly different style as I have since developed the design, making the later types more hollowed out so I can avoid the minis always standing on a hilltop.

36 goblins are quite a handful to deal with all at once. Being nickled and dimed to death, or experiencing death by a thousand cuts as it were, is still dead.

Goblin Luggits are the ones with two handed weapons in Kings of War Vanguard

Goblin Spitters are the bowmen in Kings of War Vanguard

The rest are just Rabble (in Kings of War Vanguard)

I generally do not like painting identical minis identically, so I switch things up slightly by painting each set of different sculpts in a different base colour, and randomly do the other bits. I keep some bits the same throughout, such as the weapons, shields, or helmets, and also have used the same strong quickshade ink and a very light drybrush with Team Yankee Maverick Khaki, a mid-to-light beige-ish green on all the minis.
      This together with the bases give the entire group a cohesive feel, so they appear as a unit while still retaining a sense of individuality,
      These are really quite quick to paint, just alot of them to do. I did them in between bouts of playing Payday 2 over the last couple of days.

77444 Goblin Warriors +  77445 Goblin Skirmishers
      Reaper Miniatures, Bones 3 KS 2015 (and Bones 4 KS 2017)
      Sculpted by Bobby Jackson
      Bonesium PVC.
      20mm bespoke 3D printed round lipped base
      available from reapermini.com
    • By Pochi
      I haven't posted for a bit but I have been painting. I have been painting mostly for D&D but some just because they are fun models. Luckily, the two cross over quite a bit so I get to paint fun models for D&D!

I painted up these little goblins. I have the other 6 waiting to be painted. For these, I decided little greenskins. They are so cute!

• By HolkDiggity
      I've been trying to do a bit of painting every day, since RCon is coming up so soon. I have a problem with long-term projects, though, so I need to occasionally work on something quick and sweet in between. Sometimes I need to finish something to keep me motivated, you know? Tonight's lucky candidate was this bear, whom I love. His name is Randall and he likes standing in fields.

Anyhow, enjoy!

• By Pochi
      I painted the Bones Black, Bones, and Wizkids owlbears as Great Horned Owls. This is the Bones Black owlbear. Not sure why it isn't in the store, even under the special edition section. I used the number it was assigned my order form. Anyway, it is a pretty cool model! I have several of them so will be able to paint them as different types of owls. I definitely need a Hedwig owlbear!

• Who's Online   21 Members, 1 Anonymous, 208 Guests (See full list)