jcg

Dwarven Forge KS4

It blows my mind that pledges in the 1000$ mark carry the majority of this Kickstarter. I must not be living well enough haha!

• Like 3

It blows my mind that pledges in the 1000$ mark carry the majority of this Kickstarter. I must not be living well enough haha!

Doesn't every gamer wear a 15 year old coat like me so they can afford this kind of stuff.  Thou I am defiantly lower in this KS than $1,000. 

It is true, very few other KS have so many people saving up all year to pledge this big.  

• Like 2

Glad to see that the latest add ons have got us over the slump we were in. I think part of that is that the updates stopped for the better part of a week. Going radio silent during these can mean a lack of pledges.

I do wonder what kind of a trend we will see with a campaign that the value does not come largely from stretch goals like the other campaigns have.

I imagine we would see a similar result if Reaper were to not have a core set that expanded with value for Bones, but instead focused on a core pledge with fewer, yet very large miniatures. It leads to an interesting thought exercise in the "what if" realm.

• Like 2

I imagine we would see a similar result if Reaper were to not have a core set that expanded with value for Bones, but instead focused on a core pledge with fewer, yet very large miniatures. It leads to an interesting thought exercise in the "what if" realm.

Well, hey, Tianot -DOES- need a not-Bahamut...Bahanot? :huh:  ::P:

I'm more excited about the mountains than the castles personally though. The tower expander is interesting.

• Like 1

I am unsure how much I will spend here, but it is certainly a lot more than I spent on Bones III. Maybe the 600-800 range I am thinking.

I shudder at how much I could get to paint spending that much on Bones. 

• Like 1

Glad to see that the latest add ons have got us over the slump we were in. I think part of that is that the updates stopped for the better part of a week. Going radio silent during these can mean a lack of pledges.

I do wonder what kind of a trend we will see with a campaign that the value does not come largely from stretch goals like the other campaigns have.

This is exactly what I was thinking. I'm hoping beyond hope that the KS can still exhibit that nice U curve without the SGs to provide that psychological boost that leads people to jump in toward the end. We'll see. Anyway, glad to see the numbers moving nicely... better than they have since day 3. And lots of great stuff coming out. They just showed the 4" towers and 6" tower "palace" pack, but then pulled them back because of an unspecified problem. But they look pretty cool.

I'm also really looking forward to the lighted gatehouse.  I got a few lighted pieces from KS III and I'm very impressed. Definitely worth having more.  The ornament at the top of the wizards tower actually cycles through different colors. 

• Like 1

I bought a set of each of the lighted braziers and tables. After getting them, I already wish I had bought a second set and a couple sets of the lighted walls.

They definitely add something to the table.

• Like 1

Yeah... I scoffed at  the lighted walls. What a fool I was! I wasn't going to get the braziers, but my wife made me. She was right! Still not 100% sure of her choice of the balcony add-on, but that's okay. She saw my pledge and didn't divorce me... so she gets choices.  

Also, the 4" and 6" tower packs are back up. There is the "palace" version with arches and the "fortress" version with arrow slits, in each size. The reason they pulled them was to add two half-floors to each.  We're still waiting on the roof packs for both, which should be up within the coming days. I don't think we're waiting on a monetary SG for that; just to get the graphics done.

• Like 1

The hard part for me in KSIII and now KSIV is deciding what I want. Do I want streets, Castle walls, Mountains, sewers, buildings, or what. KSI and KSII were much easier for me, there it was mostly how much. 

• Like 3

At first, I was worried that docks would show up in KS4 as well. They have said that they are holding those off until KS5, though. The decisions make this tough, for sure.

Man this just seems really super expensive for walls that I will just not used on a regular basis.

Even taking into account the possibilities of higher elevations as shown in that video it's just SO much money.

The extras for funding goals seem to be less useful too.

I already have steps and barrels from the previous kickstarter.

I backed the first 3 DW kickstarters and I got a TON of value from the tiles from the first 2.  I don't know if I got my money's worth from the city builder set...

Edited by Caleb
  • Like 3

This Kickstarter is going to open up so many possibilities for impressive 3D builds of fortresses, temples, dungeon structures, cliffs and mountains, and huge 3D Underdark terrain. I'm very excited. I showed the video to my friends this weekend and one of them pledged on the spot.