jcg

Dwarven Forge KS4

I have not gotten my PM invite email yet, though some others have.  They are sending them in waves each day.  I assume the deadline will be in the invite email.  I will post here when I see what the deadline is.

• Like 1

I didn't see a deadline date in my email. They mentioned that once all the invites are out they will post a pledge manager FAQ and I suspect that the date for final pledges will be included therein

• Like 1

I got the email invite. No date.

I am hoping for early June as the date. I could really use the time so that I can use my end of May check on the purchase.

• Like 1

I am still unsure of time frame for orders. Anyone know? I need to finalize some final funds for Cthulhu Wars OS2, Dwarven Forge KS4, and Reaper KS3 within the next month or less. Timing could be important.

• Like 1

Pledge manager closes June 6th at 9pm eastern; according to the Dwarven Forge website.

Thanks! 

• Like 2

What are people doing for their pledges? I am very torn on how to handle this one and would like to hear what others have planned.

• Like 1

What are people doing for their pledges? I am very torn on how to handle this one and would like to hear what others have planned.

I put half of my pledge into mountain stuff and the rest into castle stuff that could be used with city builder pieces or as big rooms in dungeons.

My latest build:
Castle ($300)
Watchtower x2 ($380)
Erinthor Mountains ($280)
Cube Spacers ($35)
Batter Base x2 ($84)
Tower Transition Pack x2 ($46)
Corner Cutout Pack x2 ($28)
Suspended Parapet ($26)
Castle Crenellation Pack ($65)
Small Round Crenellations x2 ($44)
Square Roof Pack ($48)
Manual Bridge ($57)
Stone Bridge x2 ($34)
Tower Bridge x2 ($32)
Large Tower Bridge Balcony ($27)
Square Tower Balcony ($25)
Stone Advanced Builder ($60)
8x8 Stone Floor ($18)

Total: $1589

Am I crazy? Should I dial this back?

Talae, only if space is going to be an issue for you!  Be happy with what you buy.

• Like 1

It is difficult to keep things in perspective when on the DF forums. A pledge of $1-$1.5k is small around there. Some of the posters are spending over $10k! 

• Like 1

I'm still working on my pledge for DF, but I'm basically targeting a watchtower set, mountain set, all the items that work with city (new roofs, archway, etc), and the LED sets.

I'm really holding back on a big castle as I can't really see it used that often as I mostly play PFS these days.

• Like 1

Well, that's dialed in and locked down, then - and I'm not even looking at the website again until after they close things down, because I definitely left stuff on the table - to the tune of over five hundred bucks worth - because honestly, I don't have the cash to outlay on that kind of an expenditure - not safely, anyways. 

But, I still ended up with a whole passel of stuff that will be useful for dungeon terrain, if not enough to make a city or castle or anything - 

Watchtower - Unpainted 1 (reward) Reward   Wall Spacers - Unpainted 2   Cube Spacer Pack - Unpainted 1   Batter Base Large Tower - Unpainted 1   8x8 Floors - Unpainted 1   Courtyard Floors - Unpainted 1   Stone Bridge Pack - Unpainted 1   Tower Bridge - Unpainted 1   Large Tower Balcony & Bridge Base - Unpainted 1   Square Tower Balcony & Bridge Base - Unpainted 2   Big Buttress Pack - Unpainted 1   Castle Stairs Pack - Unpainted 1   Stone Advanced Builder Set - Unpainted 1   Mountain Cliff Pack - Unpainted 1  

• Like 2