jcg

Dwarven Forge KS4

Watch tower...sorceror sanctum...mountains of whatever, and kobolds. And I'm tapped.

All unpainted

Edited by NomadZeke
  • Like 1

So I haven't locked in yet and i'm wondering how well these are going to work with the piece I have from the original kickstarter and the caverns.

You'd best check out the Dwarven Forge forum for answers.  Google "Dwarven Force Caverns & New Mountain Pieces" for some photos.   From what I can see, the "footprint"of the new pieces seems to be a wee bit larger than pieces from KS 1 And 2.   They changed to metric (not a joke).

Height wise they look the same but you should look at some photos yourself. 

Cheers.

• Like 1

I think the mountain/cliff pieces will look great with the KS 2 caverns, based on the photos of compatibility they showed for those sets.

• Like 1

I ended up getting the 6" round tower pledge, plus the roof, better base, and ruined tower addons to go with it. About $300 should give me several tower options.

I spent as much on this one as maybe all my other Kickstarters for all companies put together. I hope next year's Kickstarter is easier on my wallet.

There will be an August presale for this KS.

And I will do my best to resist. Likely, I will fail.

There will be an August presale for this KS.

And I will do my best to resist. Likely, I will fail.

It is here. Resistance is difficult.

The latest update has production pics, news of a month delay, and a teaser pic for the next Kickstarter.

• Like 2

The latest update has production pics, news of a month delay, and a teaser pic for the next Kickstarter.

Thanks for sharing.  I didn't back this one although of course it looks great, but KS 5 looks promising.  Presumably they are going to match the scale of KS 1 to draw back all the 3700 people they lost between KS 1 and 4.

• Like 1

Below is the update that Talae spoke about

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dwarven-forges-castles-3-d-modular-terrain-for-gam/posts/1768752

Christmas Time Update

Dear Backers --

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah and Happy New Year to everyone. We want to give you a production update.

We are well into casting and painting your sets, and we think they are looking great. Yet over the past couple months, we had to address 2 significant setbacks. The first was a complete remake of some key metal dies for the walls that just weren't precise enough as-is. The second was a small series of unanticipated glitches fitting in the magnets, adjusting some textures that didn't cast properly, and correcting some miscalculated shrinkage. Thankfully, these problems are now solved, but the result is that completing the many pieces on your castles has taken about a month more than we had projected.

Our final challenge now is to finish up everything before Chinese New Year (which starts in late January) shuts everything down for about 3 weeks. Please know that everyone is working their hardest to accomplish that. If we do complete everything before Chinese New Year, shipments will commence in late February; if not, we'll have a few more weeks' delay until the factory is up and running again.

We'll be posting at least two more updates in January, with more information and paint photos

—in addition the selection of shots shown below (see link)

• Like 2

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dwarvenforge/dwarven-forges-castles-3-d-modular-terrain-for-gam/posts/1851484

First Castle Shipments

Dear Backers:

We want to let you all know that our first shipment of Castle sets is due at our warehouse within 7-10 days.  It includes a wide assortment -- though not all -- sets.  This is the first of 5 incoming deliveries needed for all US-based Kickstarter backers; the rest are due over the next 5-6 weeks. Shipments bound for non-US destinations will follow immediately thereafter.

Once the product is received and inventoried, we'll advise everyone. Then we will start shipping as quickly as we can get everything packed, labeled and out the door. We will also be sending tracking e-mails as shipments go out. Notifications will go to the e-mail address you used on Kickstarter.

Please keep in mind that it's very difficult for us to respond to requests to prioritize individuals' shipments. But if, for any reason you need us to hold your shipment for a vacation or other reason, or if you have a change of address, please e-mail us at dwarvenforgeinfo@gmail.com.

We can't wait to get your Castles to you, and to see what you build.  Thanks so much for your ongoing patience and support!

Dwarven Forge

Looks like this one might not beat Reaper's KS3 delivery (or Cthulhu Wars: Onslaught 2), depending on what you are receiving.

• Like 1

Nate just posted on the Kickstarter comments that the first shipment is in-house and some packages are already being sent out.  However there are apparently (as per the quote above) 4 other deliveries en route from China, so while shipments have started they may be delayed for some backers or some backers may get more than one shipment.

Edited by animesensei
  • Like 1