Dwarven Forge KS4

Gahhhhh...
... Analysis Paralysis strikes! So many cool things! So few dollars (and somewhat less incentive to spend the ones I have on fantasy stuff, since I'm not actually running a fantasy game right now). 

• Like 1
  • Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Necromancer-themed packs just went up. These and the runic packs are both really nice.

Holy options batman! If I counted correctly, there are over 50 different addon sets. Too much...

I can't afford to get one of everything this go around. Honestly thinking of just getting one watchtower and whatever addons I think I can incorporate into the older sets.

Bit concerned that again there are only a few days left and it's hard to fathom what some of these pieces are without in-use pictures. How would one use a tall stone corner post? (is it the height of two walls plus a floor?) How could the riser be used? What about those offset walls that appear to have the corner post built in?

• Like 1

Necromancer-themed packs just went up. These and the runic packs are both really nice.

Holy options batman! If I counted correctly, there are over 50 different addon sets. Too much...

I can't afford to get one of everything this go around. Honestly thinking of just getting one watchtower and whatever addons I think I can incorporate into the older sets.

Bit concerned that again there are only a few days left and it's hard to fathom what some of these pieces are without in-use pictures. How would one use a tall stone corner post? (is it the height of two walls plus a floor?) How could the riser be used? What about those offset walls that appear to have the corner post built in?

A Tall Stone Corner Post is a double-high post. It is the height of two walls plus a floor in the middle. The risers are for making a double height wall without a floor (risers are same thickness as a floor).

The offset walls are meant for creating doorways to lead inside of the castle walls (the normal door placement is not lined up correctly). They talked about this stuff deep within one of the live video streams. It would be amazing if you could click on an add on/pledge level and be redirected to images of builds using that stuff, with a central location for mixing it together in other places. The options this time are insanely daunting.

I have two questions for people:

1: What are you thinking of getting? (please explain why - maybe with an idea of what you already own)

2: If you had a cool $1000 to pledge total (could be broken up before/after pledge manager, or all in initial pledge, but total is as close to $1000 as possible), what would you get? Why?

Edit: I just went through and used their pledge calculator. It says that I should pledge at $1761. I wish that I could afford that...

I am going to have to make some hard decisions soon...

Edited by Talae

I have two questions for people:

1: What are you thinking of getting? (please explain why - maybe with an idea of what you already own)

2: If you had a cool $1000 to pledge total (could be broken up before/after pledge manager, or all in initial pledge, but total is as close to $1000 as possible), what would you get? Why?

Edit: I just went through and used their pledge calculator. It says that I should pledge at $1761. I wish that I could afford that...

I am going to have to make some hard decisions soon...

Once upon a time I happily lived in the land of I do not need a castle where mountains, bridges and a single watchtower lived and my wallet did not try to hide while crying.

Why mountains?  The adventurers in my game have a lot of out door adventures so outdoor terrain is really needed, bridges would be good also and why not get a single watch tower for and evil keep, or in town battle or heck even a huge cavern battle with a Drow or Duergar keep.

But now due mostly to one video where Nate showed the pieces as a large interior build with spiral stair cases and ledges and such I am interested in a Grand Citadel.

I have always done my DF in unpainted so that lowers the cost a little but at the moment my small dream list is your cool $1,000 x2.

I could dream really big but I think getting a loan is out of the question so I will have to rethink my ideas.

• Like 1

Is there an image somewhere showing if the round roofs work on okay square towers?

Edit: Found this pic (it gets more epic the more you look at it)

22-DSC02741-FrontGate.jpg

Edited by Talae
  • Like 1

There are add-ons I do not plan to get and many I could get next year from retail but I am glad they are coming out with things for differant tastes now.

This is a really nice modular castle system that can be added to for years to come.

And there are items in this KS for folks that do not plan to get any kind of castle stuff.

Stefan did warn before the KS that to get every thing would be around $5000.

This is over budget, but a starting point for me to work from....

Current thoughts ($1157):

• Castle Pledge - $300
  • Erinthor Mountains - $280
  • Motorized Drawbridge - $69
  • Stone Bridge x2 - $34
  • Square Castle Tower x2 - $156
  • Stone Advanced Builder x2 - $120
  • Castle Double Thick Walls - $62
  • Castle Inside Walls - $60
  • Straight Crenelation Assortment - $76

What I would love to get to add for towers ($601):

• Wall to Tower Transition Pack - $40
  • Large Tower Palace - $63
  • Large Tower Fortified - $70
  • Small Tower Palace - $40
  • Small Tower Fortified - $40
  • Batter Base x2 - $84
  • Castle Roof Mega Pack - $168
  • Small Round Crenellations x2 - $44
  • Large Round Crenelations x2 - $52

The new update looks very promising. They have previews of "complete" build pledge levels including a wizards hut at $58 and a "count's castle" at $585. These are attractive, all-inclusive pledges and they seem to offer discounts over piecemeal building as well. They might do the job of turning some heads for people who "wanted to want to" back. More to come tomorrow. Also another beautiful video by Nate. I'm definitely going to have to re-analyze my pledge

The new update looks very promising. They have previews of "complete" build pledge levels including a wizards hut at $58 and a "count's castle" at $585. These are attractive, all-inclusive pledges and they seem to offer discounts over piecemeal building as well. They might do the job of turning some heads for people who "wanted to want to" back. More to come tomorrow. Also another beautiful video by Nate. I'm definitely going to have to re-analyze my pledge

I had pretty much decided to sit this one out after backing the first three, but that Count's Castle is really tempting...

• Like 1

That Count's Castle will likely be my pledge to add on to. 

New Tentative Pledge Starting Point ($934):

• Count's Castle - $585
  • Motorized Drawbridge - $69
  • Erinthor Mountains - $280

Will likely try and scrounge up enough to get some corners, most of the City Builder add ons, and some other stuff. I know that some things that have been teased will be things I want. There will probably even be stuff that hasn't been teased that I want.

• Like 1

I had pretty much decided to sit this one out after backing the first three, but that Count's Castle is really tempting...

I think they realized early on from backer comments that they needed to have pledge levels like this, but for various reasons they didn't get it put together until now.  I'm glad to see it, because I'm pretty sure there will be a number of folks who have sentiments similar to yours. It helps that this integrates pretty well with both the CBS and older stuff.