Sign in to follow this  
jcg

Dwarven Forge KS4

I was really surprised by the coverage photos Nate put up of the Mega Mountain pack. Super cool, kind of want two of them. Definitely a value compared to the Mega Sewer pack. 

• Like 1

I was really surprised by the coverage photos Nate put up of the Mega Mountain pack. Super cool, kind of want two of them. Definitely a value compared to the Mega Sewer pack. 

Wow -- I just had a look at that video of the Erinthor mega mountain pack.  If I'd seen that during the campaign I probably would have pledged.  Looks a million times more appetizing than the add-on set images of all the bits and pieces.

I am remorseful.  Wish they'd been more organized during the campaign.  They would have had my money.

• Like 2

Wow -- I just had a look at that video of the Erinthor mega mountain pack. If I'd seen that during the campaign I probably would have pledged. Looks a million times more appetizing than the add-on set images of all the bits and pieces.

I am remorseful. Wish they'd been more organized during the campaign. They would have had my money.

I agree that they could have formatted this one much better. Starting with the prebuilt kits and adding the expert levels later would have been a good idea, for one.
  • Like 1

Starting with prebuilts and then just piece sets would have been best I think.

DF are good people, but they just do not have the organization to run a KS optimally. What they really need to do is stop sculpting 2 months prior and start organizing, but Stefan cannot do that.  

• Like 1

Starting with prebuilts and then just piece sets would have been best I think.

DF are good people, but they just do not have the organization to run a KS optimally. What they really need to do is stop sculpting 2 months prior and start organizing, but Stefan cannot do that.  

The movie premiere in the middle of the campaign was a double-edged sword, as well, so timing is an interesting one.

This specific campaign is a crazy one, though, in that to get one of every add on would cost an insane amount of money. There was very little that I did not get in KS3, and I spent just over $1k after everything was said and done with the PM. This time around $1k gets a Count's Castle and Erinthor's Mountain. While these are impressive in their own right, there is just a TON of options here. I hope that they take some of this critique and have KS5 start with some prebuilts next year...and focus on a combination of small add ons to extend use of previous sets, and some Mega Packs to bulk them out (with a healthy dash of docks).

• Like 1

I wonder if Stefan will survive his trip to china this time around. The number of add-ons is insane nad hte Chines might have pitchforks out for him. 

Wow -- I just had a look at that video of the Erinthor mega mountain pack.  If I'd seen that during the campaign I probably would have pledged.  Looks a million times more appetizing than the add-on set images of all the bits and pieces.

I am remorseful.  Wish they'd been more organized during the campaign.  They would have had my money.

I hear you - I sort of pledged an amount of money I felt like spending on faith figuring it'd all work out in the end. The mountain pack is very cool, and very useful for a large number of encounters (moreso than Castles, imo, by a long shot - such that I may get two Mega mountain packs and go light on Castle stuff. Mountains are just more generally useful). There should be a pre-sale later this year, so sign up for the mailing list if you're not already on it. Last year's pre-sale prices weren't that different (still cheaper than retail). I too wish the campaign was ran better. But the stuff is going to arrive and be awesome - like it always is. 

• Like 2

DF hinted in the last live stream that there might be a way for people to become backers of the Ks during the PM process. 

No details on that now though. 

The PM starts the week of April 18th and will run 3-4 weeks. 

• Like 1

I hear you - I sort of pledged an amount of money I felt like spending on faith figuring it'd all work out in the end. The mountain pack is very cool, and very useful for a large number of encounters (moreso than Castles, imo, by a long shot - such that I may get two Mega mountain packs and go light on Castle stuff. Mountains are just more generally useful). There should be a pre-sale later this year, so sign up for the mailing list if you're not already on it. Last year's pre-sale prices weren't that different (still cheaper than retail). I too wish the campaign was ran better. But the stuff is going to arrive and be awesome - like it always is. 

DF hinted in the last live stream that there might be a way for people to become backers of the Ks during the PM process. 

No details on that now though. 

The PM starts the week of April 18th and will run 3-4 weeks. 

Carnacki, looks like you will have a chance to buy into the Kickstarter for the mountains after all. 

Thanks for the info updates!  Good to hear and I will keep my eyes peeled. 

This is why I can't stop looking at this forum!

I could use a small not so small loan in order to cover my wants in this campaign. 

Either that, or cover my moving costs to be able to live close enough to the person that had a near $12k pledge that I can game with them...

Sounds like the PM should be out very soon.

And there are some great pics and videos of using the mountain pieces with cavern sets over at the DF forum.

• Like 1

Pledge Manager invites have started to go  out for this Kickstarter. Lotta changed and revised stuff and new packs to look at.

• Like 1

Did you catch a date for PM closing yet? 

I know it will likely be in an update soon. Was just curious. 

• Like 1