Sign in to follow this  
jcg

Dwarven Forge KS4

The only issue I noticed with my KS4 order was that instead of getting 4 standard corner platforms and two transition platforms for the towers, I received 6 standard platforms. But I think I can just cut the extra bits off two of the standard ones to make them the same as transition; so I don't think I'll bother with a replacement. My arch walls are also a bit smaller than they should be, so I'm going to put a touch of green stuff on their edges so they fit into the CBS slots better. Another thing not worth really worrying about --- although apparently in some cases, this is a bigger issue. Some report that the CBS walls make the modular castle walls bow out, or the new arch walls just sliding right out of the original CBS pieces. Some kind of shrinkage problem at the factory... the factory really should be held responsible for that... they're supposed to be able to produce these to pretty tight specifications, and they seem to have failed on that. (Maybe DF should have caught it, but then maybe this issue didn't occur in the test pieces sent to them.) 

Hope you get your stuff soon, Talae!  I imagine it's still a busy time for them... did you send an email and not hear back? If so, and it's been a few days, I might send an email to check... by all accounts, Suzy is very responsive. 

• Like 2

Hmm. I sent my first email on 6/22 and again this weekend. I have not heard on either. Anyone else inquire about replacement parts?

• Like 1

On 7/24/2017 at 7:55 PM, Talae said:

Hmm. I sent my first email on 6/22 and again this weekend. I have not heard on either. Anyone else inquire about replacement parts?

I posted about this on Facebook. Stephen then sent me a friend request and it turns out I was sending to the wrong email address. He called the person that will be taking care of things and got me squared away. He also asked for some pics of stuff in action and of my DF collection. He razzed me a little for not having everything painted and is an all-around good guy.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Maglok said:

Get to painting then! I'm already on my castle stuff :D

I just bought a table full of second hand pieces that are mostly unpainted for a great deal. It set me back quite a bit in the percentage of painted minis quite a bit...

20170728_085123.jpg

• Like 3

Wow! NICE! I never come across that kind of deals. Very very nice indeed.

Whats the little cardboard token?

2 hours ago, Maglok said:

Whats the little cardboard token?

The white and black square in the bottom-center of the pic? That is an octopus drink coaster.

1 hour ago, sigmaone said:

Can I ask whether you found the 2nd hand pieces online or in person? And if online, where? 

In person. Through a guy at work, of all places.

Everything is Dwarvenite except the painted caverns pieces in the top right. Those are resin.

I bought all of his Dwarven Forge stuff, but couldn't afford to buy the other stuff he is getting rid of (books, minis, other terrain, a custom game table, etc).

Now to get painting. I have a lot to paint now. Probably half of the pieces I own :(. I just have so much other stuff to paint: Cthulhu Wars, Bones minis, Zombicide, Myth, etc.

I do know a guy based out of Canada that sells on Facebook and eBay though. He ships from US if needed.

On 7/15/2017 at 7:30 AM, Talae said:

Has anyone got their replacement order?

I haven't heard about the missing parts from my first shipment (My second shipment and my preorder arrived with no mistakes, but the main one had a number of mistakes.).

My replacement order arrived from China! Now to work up the motivation to paint...