Dwarven Forge KS4

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Stefan on the forums: "$300 or so will get you at least a kewl modular tower"

Uh, what?

Yeah further back in the thread, he tossed out $1500 as the number he'd be shooting for if he were to buy what he wanted from it. Looks like I'll be leaning twoard a kewl tower + accessory sets for dungeons/caverns/city/sewers if there are any.

First post updated with the second teaser... Them are some pretty walls.

From Stefan on the forums: "$300 or so will get you at least a kewl modular tower"

Uh, what?

Ouch

Uh, what?

Yeah further back in the thread, he tossed out $1500 as the number he'd be shooting for if he were to buy what he wanted from it. Looks like I'll be leaning twoard a kewl tower + accessory sets for dungeons/caverns/city/sewers if there are any.

First post updated with the second teaser... Them are some pretty walls.

Ouch indeed.

DF stuff looks great and all but I can't afford it and even if I could I don't have the room to set it up.

I'll happily stick with my old Mage Knight castle tower and wall sections and some of the (now old and opp) towers and such that I bought from GW back in the day. They're a lot less fiddly too.

• Like 1

I was hoping that the ~$150 pledge level was going to get a reasonable tower. I am apparently more naive than I realized.

I think the big issue with the price ramp is that Stephan is trying to go vertical with his pieces. That leads to a monstrous increase in the number of pieces needed for the same table footprint, compared to a two dimensional(ish) dungeon or cavern layout.

• Like 2

Well I am about dwarven forged out.  i wound up with a couple of sewers from the last one and i loved the caverns and the original dungeons i thought the first was an excellent value, the caverns were a little pricier but soooo pretty.  the sewers are nice but it takes so many pieces to make a corner that it makes the layout very expensive for a small footprint.  I had no interest in the village and I dont think the castle will be for me.

• Like 1

I do not expect to be near the $1,500 level for KS4 by any means, but if I was into gun collecting, motorcycling, high end computer gaming, etc. $1,500 would not seam like much at all.

But I can't afford any of those other things either.

• Like 3

I got a lot form the Ks, August pre-order and now retail sales, and I hop to be done with DF. I might get some small stuff from KSIV or wait for retail. 

My last order from DF was 200.00 shipping to Japan, but buying the same from the KS or the preorder would have been 330.00 shipping for the same stuff.(excluding hte paint I also bought)

I was closer to the $1500 total than the $300 total for KS3. That is VERY unlikely for KS4, though.

I have been debating picking up two more sets+stretch goals of the Dungeon Tiles for KS1 (plus a Grand Stair Add on), to go with my two sets. All of this combined with my 2 1/2 sets of Caverns plus a few add ons covers a majority of my needs...at least I think so. We will see once we get more preview images. (like the one that just went out via email - I will try and link it below).

ab830aef-dd28-4adf-9496-9f03d2dd71e7.jpg

• Like 2
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Mckenna35
      I know there are a few folks that do Bolt Action and similar 28mm wargaming (@buglips), so I thought I'd bounce this out there.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/tftb/world-war-ii-soviet-railroad?ref=discovery_recommendations

Story
      Railroads are an important means to transport troops, equipment, ammunition and all other kinds of supply to the front. Especially in a country as vast as the Soviet Union with it's endless steppes, only few reliable roads and no major rivers running in the direction of the German advance during Operation Barbarossa in World War II. 
      With this set of detailed buildings and rolling stock in 1/56 scale for 28mm figures you get the opportunity to recreate the crucial fighting around the Soviet railroad system.
      The kits focus on the major pieces of rolling stock available to the Soviet defenders: box cars, gondola cars and flat cars. And the mighty ALCo RSD-1 Diesel Engine which was made available under the US Lend-Lease Act.
      Also included is a typical rural train station with optional additional platforms for all who want to depict a Soviet - or captured German - supply depot, where heavy equipment like tanks and guns are being unloaded.
      And for all of you looking for an armored train - don't worry! We have you covered.
        Talking about railroad tracks:
      We did not see the need to reinvent the wheel, so all kits are designed to be used with
      4Ground Railroad Tracks (available as add-ons to the Kickstarter) or O Gauge Model Railroad Tracks The kits include optional parts enabling you to choose your favorite system while assembling. Going this route has allowed us to concentrate on designing and producing the rolling stock only, which has the advantage of an earlier fulfillment date for the Kickstarter.
      All models are highly detailed on the outside and inside. The interiors are easily accessible, as roofs are removable. In addition, all doors are moveable, which means you can open or close them during gameplay.

• By Ganryu Kojiro
      A Viking Girl sculpted by Bobby Jackson. She was a lot of fun to paint since she had a lot of canvas for freehand work. She is also my first serious effort at NMM, so that's a well I plan to return to.

I came to paint her when I asked my friends which model needed to get some love next. I presented a wizard, a ranger, and an armored lady fighter. One chimes in that she'd like to see the fighter (she being a practitioner of HEMA). Her boyfriend mentions something about boob armor. I said, no, she's got pretty normal armor. You want to see something egregious? THIS is egregious. My HEMA friend immediately says, "I'd like to change my vote." So here we are.

Here's the WIP thread for her. Here's my next piece.

• By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/vaspider/symbols-of-faith-and-pride

This has sod all to do with miniatures, but I would be surprised if there were not people who might want one of these pins, for literally any reason at all.
      I'll let the campaign speak for itself, as I usually do; it is pins. There are, as the title implies, representations for most of the common faiths, in a literal rainbow of ... well, Pride rainbows. 
    • By Sylverthorne
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dogmight/kickstarter-exclusive-fire-dragon-valhalla-screen

"You take your game seriously. Now it's time for a serious screen.
      In October of 2018, Dog Might released the first fully sculpted GM Screen, the Valhalla Screen. Since then, we have released over 30 more designs, including officially licensed screens for: Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, and Vampire: The Masquerade. We have also designed screens for you favorite shows, such as Relics and Rarities and the Critical Role stream of Undeadwood. Over the last year and a half, our Valhalla Screens have proven to be our most sought after product. "

... Would it surprise anybody here to know I want one? 
      If I can't have one, at least I can spread the word. ;p
    • By Sylverthorne
      So.. I fell over this. It's... well, go look for yourselves; 
      https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/159974695/badbandana-6-pizza-dragons 

... pizza and dragons. Where have I seen this notion before..? I can't quite... >.>  
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 1 Anonymous, 67 Guests (See full list)