ub3r_n3rd

New Diorama Ideas - Which WIP would you like to see next?

I like how true to our nature we are uniting behind...all of them.

Exactly.

So, what's your vote, Wolf?? 

See below....you may want to go grab a refill of your beverage of choice; wall o' text inbound.

I'm guessing from the bolding that he voted for all of them.

Exactly.

Ok, here's what I think:

#1 Very cool figures, and an interesting story idea to go along with them, especially with the new edit you added. If this one ends up being the winner, I think you should definitely do the man on the balcony, with the woman on the ground below.

#2 I actually really like this idea! With the amount of details that you work into the dioramas that you do, this one would end up being pretty cool, I think. Also, I'd like to see you push your boundaries some more. Most of what you do is fantasy (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that); I'd like to see what you can do with a different genre.

#3 Like someone else mentioned, I love the idea of a diorama without any human(oid) figures in it. I'd like to see how you do with lots of natural terrain and scenery; I think it'd come out very nicely.

Plus, it has wolves! ::D:

#4 I also love this idea; based on what you did with Rage Against Ma'sheen, it's gonna be absolutely killer! However, there's also the problem: you just did something sort of similar. Granted, this sounds like it's going to be on a much larger scale, but are you going to get burnt out on it part way through because you just did something like it?

#5 This one sounds cool, too. Most of my comments on idea #3 apply here as well. What kind of vegetation/scenery were you going for here? I'm picturing a stereotypical prehistoric jungle-y setting...

I've got a few more days, I'm gonna think on it some more, and then vote.

• Like 3

Ok, here's what I think:

#1 Very cool figures, and an interesting story idea to go along with them, especially with the new edit you added. If this one ends up being the winner, I think you should definitely do the man on the balcony, with the woman on the ground below.

#2 I actually really like this idea! With the amount of details that you work into the dioramas that you do, this one would end up being pretty cool, I think. Also, I'd like to see you push your boundaries some more. Most of what you do is fantasy (and there's absolutely nothing wrong with that); I'd like to see what you can do with a different genre.

#3 Like someone else mentioned, I love the idea of a diorama without any human(oid) figures in it. I'd like to see how you do with lots of natural terrain and scenery; I think it'd come out very nicely.

Plus, it has wolves! ::D:

#4 I also love this idea; based on what you did with Rage Against Ma'sheen, it's gonna be absolutely killer! However, there's also the problem: you just did something sort of similar. Granted, this sounds like it's going to be on a much larger scale, but are you going to get burnt out on it part way through because you just did something like it?

#5 This one sounds cool, too. Most of my comments on idea #3 apply here as well. What kind of vegetation/scenery were you going for here? I'm picturing a stereotypical prehistoric jungle-y setting...

I've got a few more days, I'm gonna think on it some more, and then vote.

All very good and very valid points, I thank you for such a well thought out post!

As for #1 I also thought of another set-up that could work nicely. Picture a corner of a tall renaissance era building with a balcony above, but ground floor in front (viewer's left) we have the female assassin coming along the street/sidewalk and then on the other side of the corner we have (viewer's right) the male assassin back from the corner about half an inch to an inch with his back to the wall. 

Thrym whipped these up for me:

Corner Idea-

6FcBdsu4eX98aCdnWWngw64cj8Ynh.jpg

Male above 2-3 stories-

6FcATqEvqNJYGvxtTAKTzol7xWP5U.jpg

#4 you may be right, I could end up burning out, but I think it's different enough that if I take my time I can do it between other projects, that's the plan for any of these really. I have a few exchanges on the side to do with friends and want to work on a diorama when I get time and when I need inspiration to do something else.

#5 I'm looking at jungly themed, high grasses around the nest, using some elevation with a hill very natural looking, probably paint up clothes in animal skin prints etc.

Anyhow, mull it all over, let me know what you think is best when you feel you've reached a conclusion. ::D:

• Like 3

Closing up voting at 5pm my time (pacific) tonight. Currently, #4 is still 2 votes ahead and if anyone who hasn't voted wants to, please do so. I'll get started on the project next week(ish) after I've finished my current one. ::D:

• Like 3

Oh no! I just saw this! It's okay - my vote wouldn't change anything, but heck yes to #1 especially! Go Renaissance!

I really want to see #1 (Assassin vs Assassin), when I looked at the female assassin mini all I could think was that it could be like a stalking tango, which seemed really cool.

My number two pick is #4. Honestly I want to see both of them, but since you said you were doing #4 no matter what, I tossed a vote in for the assassins. :;):

Yes!! Shadow dance/tango was my first thought too!

I can't wait to see what you come up with for #4 ::D:

Edited by Morihalda
  • Like 1

Annnnnnd with less than 1 min left. It looks like #4 will win!

So...are you done yet?

Soon

I'm actually going to sketch it all out next week and see what everyone thinks of different hero adventuring party members.

• Like 3

*** Grumble no raptors soon? ***

***Mutter.. growl...nobody listens to a Wolf...mutter***

Joking aside, I'd love to see what you come up with!

• Like 2