Medusa

odinsgrandson

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've gushed before about my love for the Arena Rex gorgons*, and this is no different.

You've done quite the job on this one. The transparency effect on the veil is really lovely, but I think the shield is actually my favorite thing. The subtle greens you worked into the metal really sell it as bronze. Really inspiring work!

*Medusa has become her own D&D "species" because "Gorgon," which would be the more generic term, was taken up by something more commonly called a "brass bull." I've never understood that decision on the part of Gygax&co., but there it is.

• Like 5

I've gushed before about my love for the Arena Rex gorgons*, and this is no different.

You've done quite the job on this one. The transparency effect on the veil is really lovely, but I think the shield is actually my favorite thing. The subtle greens you worked into the metal really sell it as bronze. Really inspiring work!

*Medusa has become her own D&D "species" because "Gorgon," which would be the more generic term, was taken up by something more commonly called a "brass bull." I've never understood that decision on the part of Gygax&co., but there it is.

Thanks.  I really liked working on both the shield and veil (the veil was a challenge that I really wanted to try out).

And I cannot understand why they used the term Gorgon for their brass bull.  I get why they wouldn't just want the gorgons to be three sisters and no one else, but I don't get why they wouldn't make them fit any of the descriptions of them.

That's stellar.

How come I don't get to see her butt?

Um.. because we didn't think to get the picture from that angle before we mailed her off?  My wife takes the pictures of minis before we ship them out, and the goal is usually to get a single angle that really works for the mini (rather than taking them from every side).  

On minis like this, she'll often take several angles (because a lot of them are good) but we don't always think to take pictures that don't work as possible "one true photographs" you know?

It's a reasonable policy...but I would suggest that, especially for minis with large cloaks, full dresses, or simply those of a particularly callipygous nature, a rear angle is appreciated by many painters.

Still, I got to see the shield, so I'm happy.